The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Postlets/Zillow

It looks like Postlets merged with Zillow, and it seems they are really pushing to get properties for rent listed. I herd something about a Trulia merger as well. Anyone have the skinny?

I always liked Postlets as they syndicated to other web sites. Great for getting the word out for Lease Purchase deals. Zillow seems to be the hottest at the moment for replies to ads as Craigslist has been dead for some time now.

Steve, from what I have read Zillow purchased Postlets back in 2011. They completed their purchase of Trulia about a year ago: http://www.housingwire.com/articles/32968-its-official-zillow-now-owns-trulia.

I've always like Postlets, too. One ad and it's fired out to a handful of other sites. And, yeah, Craig's List has become a hotbed for spam and loons.

Thanks for the link MC. Guess we'll see if this might open up some potential for additional email marketing?

. . .Guess we'll see if this might open up some potential for additional email marketing?

Let's hope so because Craig's List doesn't cut it anymore.

I've had better luck going straight to the FSBO sites, and contacting sellers from there. Many of the "FSBO" ads on CL are real estate agents ... atleast that's my experience.

Lynn (FL)

Hello, Lynn! Yeah, you are correct about Craig's List. Seems to be little respect for the FSBO section by many Agents.

Well I have a couple Lease Purchase properties on Postlets and have updated them to Zillow in the "for rent" section, and I am slammed with emails and calls. Probably 25 to 30 emails from zillow, trulia and hotpads and minimal from craigs. Reminds me of the good old days. It sure seems this is where buyers and tenant/buyers are at. I am sure sellers will, if they are smart, follow and post more on Zillow. I just answered 5 emails writing this post. sheesh

Now all we need is an economy where people can start making some money. :huh:

• Like 2

. . .Now all we need is an economy where people can start making some money. :huh:

Or, become a counterfeiter and print your own. You know, like the Fed does. :P

• Like 1