The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
salsadunes

I have a dream, Help me keep believing

1) Cold calls For Rent ads (craigslist, newspaper, etc)

2) Emails to Craigslist For Rent ads

3) Text messaging For Rent ads - (shhh, let's keep this our little secret, text messaging really does work!!!!!!!!!!!!)

How do you decide which method to use for which ad?

I use all the methods for all the ads.

You cold call, email, text, and voice blast the same seller? That doesn't create a bunch of annoyed sellers?

..For text messaging, I use Google Voice. It's free. But you have to do one at a time. You might be able to text message through Skype. Haven't tried it. Yes, BEV! is the one who brought this to my attention. I think it might work better is some parts of the country that are a little more tech savvy. (Is BEV! still out there????)

OMG! I miss you guys so much! :rolleyes:

Yes, I've been busy but that's no excuse for me to abandoned you all.. (feel the love?)..

I now have facebook I just started 3 days ago or so for this very same reason so we can still stay in touch and talk about the Naked Investor of course.

I have no friends yet on my facebook but I'm very picky as to who I friend with (is gotta be from this board only). Let's see how it goes LOL

Admin, friend me :D

I want friends.... just make sure and tell me who you are and that you're from the Naked Investor before I friend anybody please.

BEV! :ninja:

You're JUST NOW getting on Facebook, Bev?!

Welcome to the club! :ninja:

Request sent. :rolleyes:

You're JUST NOW getting on Facebook, Bev?! Welcome to the club! :ninja:

Jason, I've been in Facebook for a while but on social matters.. This new facebook I just opened is strictly for Real Estate chatting only (this board).

Guys, I have received over 20 friend request since this post but I need to know if they're all from here.. Please let me know otherwise I can't accept them :rolleyes:

Thanks,

BEV!

Ah, I see now.

With your internet savvy, I figured you were already on there.

I sent a note with my request.

Later.

Hello, Bev. I'm your worst addiction, aren't I?
You're just "worst", that's all :rolleyes:

I created this new facebook profile because my other one (personal one) is taking up too much of my time and I need to focus more on my Real Estate business and need you guys to keep me on my toes.

So please stop by once in a while guys and shake me up.. You'll be doing me a favor while we all get to know each other through the process.

Thanks,

BEV!

Salsadunes....

I would like to recommend a book to you. Its called "Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill. You cannot always be on the forums but it is extremely important to stay focused and keep your mind on a positive level and even "fake it till you make it" if you have to! This book will help you with maintaining the kind of mindset and attitude it takes to make it through slumps and times in our lives when our vision of our future starts getting placed on the back burner because of daily struggles! GO READ IT! You can google it and most likely find a free Ecopy(Ebook) online somewhere.

Start looking at this business like you would a job when it comes to daily routine... and look at it like a business when it comes to negotiating and "choosing" your income. In other words... work it like a slave daily but always be looking for opportunity and a chance to grow. I go through phases of learn... burn... learn... burn and so I basically work it and then self educate and repeat. Your attitude and mindset is everything right now! So go check out that book, stay plugged in to this community or local investors or something that keeps your mind on the proper level.

Just remember... there are so many people out there doing this and there is no reason why you cant! NO REASON! Stop telling yourself "You will get a deal soon" and start telling yourself... "You will get a deal"! Dont think about the "time" just think about the "action".

Do this and then when it happens... do it again =). It gets easier! I have flipped houses, lease optioned, Multi Investor-invested (burnt down house), and when your busy doing it... its an adventure! Stay plugged in though.... one way or another.... and in your down time... "LEARN".

Hope this helps and even I have hurdles too after learning so much so don't get discouraged!

Well guys and gals, i have taken all your advice and have made some progress. I do appreciate all the feedback as it does get lonely trying to clsoe my first one. I now have three offers out there with the hopes of getting one of them.

Im working all marketing angles i can think of. Things are picking up but that rotten JOB seems to keep getting in my way. So i push foward in hopes of my Dream.

Please keep the ideas and good stuff coming.

Bev or Jason would probably have some suggestions. They may come along and reply, or you can shoot a PM to either one and I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

By the way, if anyone else knows of a way to send mass text messages, let me know! I tried to use VoiceShot, but they told me no. They have a way to do it, but you have to call an account rep & they ask you why you want to send mass text messages. Unless you want to lie to them, they won't let you do it. So, really, does anyone out there know how to send mass text messages? PM me. I'll give you $100, or a big, fat, wet kiss - you pick.

Tried to PM you, but the system said you couldn't accept messages. If you are still looking for a flat-rate bulk text messaging service, please PM me with your contact information.

Hey Michael,

What, exactly, are you wanting to do by sending mass text messages?

I have something set up on my own, but it is more informational and is permission-based...meaning,

customers/clients email my system first. A few seconds later, they receive an automated reply. I can

change and alter the reply message to say anything I want. I mainly use this set up for mobile text coupons

for local businesses, but the you can implement text messages for virtually any type of business or marketing purpose.

I discussed in another post in which they can be used to provide information on any particular property...something to

cut down on taking too many call throughout the day.

Here is the post.

But, seeing you're wanting to send them out (hopefully not spam?), I can recommend either AdKing or DKText. These 2 can do what I just described above. However, with my method and what I'm using, it's a little cheaper. B) I do use a WordPress plug-in whereby I am able to collect cell #s from folks that opt in to my website. If you're wanting to go the cheaper, more hands-on route, you can create a website and install the plug-in, found HERE.

I, personally, have yet to use AdKing or dktext, so I cannot comment on their systems. I really don't have a need to, seeing I can do the aforementioned

things myself. Let me know if I can be of more help.

Good luck!

By the way, if anyone else knows of a way to send mass text messages, let me know! I tried to use VoiceShot, but they told me no. They have a way to do it, but you have to call an account rep & they ask you why you want to send mass text messages. Unless you want to lie to them, they won't let you do it. So, really, does anyone out there know how to send mass text messages? PM me. I'll give you $100, or a big, fat, wet kiss - you pick.

Hey Michael,

What, exactly, are you wanting to do by sending mass text messages?

I have something set up on my own, but it is more informational and is permission-based...meaning,

customers/clients email my system first. A few seconds later, they receive an automated reply. I can

change and alter the reply message to say anything I want. I mainly use this set up for mobile text coupons

for local businesses, but the you can implement text messages for virtually any type of business or marketing purpose.

I discussed in another post in which they can be used to provide information on any particular property...something to

cut down on taking too many call throughout the day.

Here is the post.

But, seeing you're wanting to send them out (hopefully not spam?), I can recommend either AdKing or DKText. These 2 can do what I just described above. However, with my method and what I'm using, it's a little cheaper. B) I do use a WordPress plug-in whereby I am able to collect cell #s from folks that opt in to my website. If you're wanting to go the cheaper, more hands-on route, you can create a website and install the plug-in, found HERE.

I, personally, have yet to use AdKing or dktext, so I cannot comment on their systems. I really don't have a need to, seeing I can do the aforementioned

things myself. Let me know if I can be of more help.

Good luck!

Okay, I goofed up in my post. I was trying to quote jvmccall's post from January 6. (See quote in Jason's post above this post.) The first paragraph was from his post...and the second paragraph was my response. I do use AdKing, and was going to give him that information offline. Sorry for the mess-up. Hopefully, next time, I'll be able to figure out how to use the "quote" notation properly. I sincerely apologize for the confusion.