The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

First Rep & First Deal

Looks like I have my first representative and I am about to sign up my first Rep/seller deal in a neighboring city. Will see how it goes!

This is how Ray Kroc started that lil' hamburger joint we've all come to know and love. Congrats, Stevie! May the force be with you. :D

Niceeeeee

I'm working on figuring out a way to get a Rep in a land far, far away as well. It would be great to have a person "on the ground" in the area that I'm focusing so that they could do little tasks or handle little problems since I'm 34 states away.

I put a quick ad on Craigslist "Real Estate Wanted" category to see what it got me. All I got way one guy who sent me an email with nothing more than....."How much you paying?" Needless to say, he's not going to be part of my "Team". :D

Let us know how it goes.

Darin

Hey Darin-

I am new to bringing on an employee or Independent contractor so it is a hit and miss for me too. Over the last 3 to 4 weeks I have had a bunch of friends and acquaintances lose their jobs that live in other cities, an economic thing. Feeling their pain, I took the attitude we have with helping sellers and tenant/buyers, and figured I could help them, and they could help me, if they wanted to try out being a Rep. With this first Rep., I have known him for a while, but we haven't spoken for about year or so and we touched base on Facebook. That is how I found out about his employment situation. He has no experience in real estate, but he is a go getter and can think, so we are going to take it step-by-step and work out the bugs as we go. The social media maybe one way to search for a Rep. where at least you have some knowledge of who they are.

As per Craigslist......"The fee for posting a job in these cities is $25. This fee pays for one job in one category. (One job posted in two different categories would cost $50.)"

I'm not ready to start having to PAY to try to find a bunch of people who may or may not be able to understand how to show a house or explain our lease purchase program to buyers when they call.

Here's what I'm thinking........

What I'm going to do is try to obtain some houses in my target city. Then I'll take the calls from buyers myself. If/when they are serious about moving in & have the money, (after I've run a credit check, etc), I'll do everything via email/faxing/snail mail. If they balk (or the owners balk) I'll take a small upfront amount to "hold the house" via pay pal from the buyers and fly out to the city to sign all the papers, collect & disburse the monies in person. If I can make $3000-$5000 per deal, I'm more than willing to schedule appointments for a few buyers, pick a day every 3/4 weeks and fly out and collect some money. Once I get some $$$ in the business piggy bank, I'll then up my effort to find a "on the ground" Rep. Or if things go REALLY well...i'll just move there. :blink:

What cha think? Any holes in my thinking?

Darin

With so many out of work I would not think it would be to difficult to get a hefty reponse to a really cool part time job as a Rep. A job where you make your own schedeule and you are your own boss. I didn't realize CL charged for the posting. I wonder if you can continuously repost?

I'm not ready to start having to PAY to try to find a bunch of people who may or may not be able to understand how to show a house or explain our lease purchase program to buyers when they call.
I put together a step-by-step training manual which helped to think it through and and get my arms around it as a system. Another important point are the legal ones, as how the rep. is to represent my business, himself and what it is he is selling.

To get into a market, MC's way of working with the home owner to show the house is a good way too.

MC's way is great. I agree.

"Hey Mr/Mrs Homeowner, instead of having a Realtor show your house, how bout YOU do the showing since you know more about the house than he/she typically would. Not only are you saving the money by not paying commission, but since you're willing to show the house, I'll only have pre-screened QUALITY tenant/buyers lined up so you don't have to have a revolving door every other day with tire kickers. That sounds pretty good don't you think?"

But....If they (seller or buyer) balks because they think i'm a "scam" because I'm out of town....."I'll tell you what. If you're serious about the house, when you have the money and the paperwork is ready to go, I'll fly out there personally to get the deal done and shake your hand while giving you the keys? How's that sound Mr Buyer/Seller person?"

Darin

Steve,

What was the wording for your CL ad for a Rep?

Would it be possible to get a copy of your training manual?

Thanks,

Lynn (FL)

The Rep. I am using is a friend I went to college with. I contacted him on FB after not speaking with him for about a year or so and discovered he had lost his job do to the economy. So, he came on board.

The training manual I use is specific to my business model and state laws.

I can't believe I still have this! Here's the ad I ran on kijiji in the marketing/sales jobs section. In my area kijiji doesn't charge anything for these ads. As you can see I was looking for someone to qualify sellers for me. I got quite a few replies and ended up with 1 couple who did make some calls but nothing worked out so they gave up :blink: This could easily be tweaked for whatever job you're looking to fill.

Hot Real Estate Company Needs YOU!

Here's your chance to work for the hottest real estate investment company in the area!

HomesEveryday.com specializes in buying residential property. We help sellers who need to move quickly and we help buyers get into the home of their dreams.

Job Description:

LEAD QUALIFIER. Your job will be to call potential home sellers and, by asking them a short series of qualifying questions, determine their level of interest in our services. No "selling" or sales experience required. No real estate experience required. You can work from home and set your own hours between 8am and 9pm any day of the week.

Requirements:

* Clear and easily understood voice.

* Telephone and internet access.

* Self-starter, organized, energetic, and responsible.

Compensation:

$500 for each and every deal you bring in.

I actually advertised for a "Leasing Representative" today and got at least a dozen responses. I contacted the best person who works as a Leasing Agent already and would like some commission work in the evenings and weekends, or by appointment during the week, without making a commitment to clocking in and out.

This was just one simple ad on Craigslist.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Tim