The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
verbatim

networking help needed...

I know there are different ways to approach people working in different aspects of real estate.

EX: You probably would not approach a mortgage broker the same way you would a attorney when trying to build a relationship that allows them to bring you leads on deals.

Being that that is the case, how does one approach the following types of individuals for leads:

Accountants

Appraisers

Attorneys

Title company employees

Banks

Insurance agents

Mortgage Brokers & Loan Officers

Other Investors

Real Estate Agents

I believe replies to this post will greatly help future site visitors who are not master negotiators, and we would be greatful for any assistance you all are able to give regarding networking with those in any of the above categories.

Verb

Verb, in general, your best approach when networking with others in various real estate related professions is to let them know what you can do for them. In other words, you need to answer the "What's in this for me?" question that is being asked internally. Do this satisfactorily, and you'll receive a ready handshake and a request for a business card.

Verb,

As a mortgage broker, I generally want to know your are not a tire kicker who will waste my time and money. As a broker every file I run costs me money, so wasting time is not in my best interest or the best interest if my clients.

So I would be straight forward with whomever you are working with. I would make sure to provide a copy of your credit report to any broker, and as an investor I wouldn't be to much of a rate shopper, I would worry more about finding someone who can close the deals in the shortest period of time then save a little money here or there. On a minor side note, I can do loans on lease purchases ;)

As for Real estate agents, title companies or lawyers, you should give them a realistic expectation of your goals and how you plan to achieve them. They most likely will not want to hear that you plan to do things "creatively" .

Best wishes,

Mike

:ph34r: