The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
verbatim

red tape, red tape, red tape...

i asked the broker i work for if i would have to pay him a commission on a property i buy for myself as an investment and he said 'yes, you can forfit your commision but 1-1.5% would still have to go to the company to pay the bills. it is a sale after all.'

i wanted to say 'well what if i do it in my LLC?' but felt he would think i am just looking for a way to short him out of money.

So it will be in the llc or my wifes name, but to be honest i dont plan on actually buying, but assigning anyway. And with L/O's im not buying i'm renting right?

Verb

Are you buying a listed property, off the MLS? If so, then the other Brokers and Realtors involved are going to want their share of that commission. Even if it is under someone else's name or an LLC. Even if you aren't holding it long term, I'm afraid. A sale is a sale is their thinking, I'm sure.

not a listed home, i wouldnt try to exclude commission on a mls home

- im speaking of a FSBO hypothetically speaking, but there is no real home in mind right now.

Verb, so it isn't a listed property and your broker still wants a piece of the pie? That doesn't sound reasonable to me. Perhaps I'm missing something? I mean, if you go out and purchase/lease purchase an investment property for your own portfolio, how does that affect or concern your office? How would they even know, for that matter?

Exactly what i am trying too figure out. Non- listed properties should not even make him think about asking for a piece of the deal.

I will speak with him and get it figured out and give a update

Verb