The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
julesjim

Marketing opinions/ideas

Hey Everyone,

What are your opinions on ads like these, I don't want to be deceitful in any way?

Sell Your Home

up to 20% MORE

must be flexible

Call Jim (555)555-5555

or,

FULL PRICE

For Your Home

if you are flexible

No Commissions,

No Closing Costs

Call Jim (555)555-5555

or,

Sell Your Home

for FULL PRICE

At NO COST to you

must be flexible

Call Jim (555)-555-5555

or any other combination thereof.

I figure when most people see 20% off in a store, they go for it. So, maybe they will do the same when they see 20% more for their home.

My idea behind the full price thing is obvious, people want full price for their home.

My thinking behind the 20% more thing is that they won't be paying a 6% commision or 3% closing or 3-5% on mortgage payments or have to reduce price 5% or accept offers for 5% less than asking. So it does add up. I included the flexible thing so that it won't look like a cash offer which usually gives 20% less anyway.

I know that he who says a price first loses but that is why I said UP TO 20% so it doesn't have to be that, people know ahead of time that it may depend. I also figure that with the must be flexible statement in the ads, I can try to get rent credits and/or longer terms if there home seems a liittle on the expensive side in order to give them full price.

Should I not include any kind of offer in an ad? Will I be shooting myself in the foot? Should I stop trying to "figure" soo much?

Last but not least. Do these types of ads seem deceitful in any way, shape or form?

Thank You All in advance for your opinions.

Jim

Sign in to follow this