The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam King (MI)

More Plumbing Stories

Hey dudes and dudets,

Had an incredible week with our new marketing campaign talking with sellers, buyers, associates and my team. Had a lot of opportunities that I needed to brush up my skills on so I decided to get back into some tapes. Of course, having the little one around means you have to do it late at night, so I decided to clean the bathroom while re-educating myself with the material. I mean REALLY clean the bathroom, like make EVERYTHING shiny and bright etc.

Well, there I was cleaning and listening to the CDs. Got done with the sink handles, floor and of course, the toilet. Then, at approximately 3:30 AM, I decided to clean the knobs on the shower. Well, the timing seemed right to fix the “leak” my wife has been complaining about for about a month now, and (I can see Steve starting to smile already) I went for the tools. Of course, the whole family was sleeping and it was only the cat and myself so I had to be quiet.

I grabbed the Phillips and unscrewed the handle, inspected the plumbing with my "professional plumber's eyes", and then decided since lefty meant loosy, to unscrew the cold water valve off so I could inspect the problem…..man, someday someone’s going to have to reevaluate the IQ they said I have.

BOOM! Open firehydrent.... The cat was going a thousand miles an hour running in place on the tile floor like the coyote from bugs bunny. Knocking over the trashcan in the process, she finally escaped. The water was CRUSHING the opposite wall as I tried unsuccessfully to screw the handle back into the open pipe. Of course as I did this, I pushed the pipe back into the wall and now I had a whole new set of problems. Without hesitation, I pulled the shower curtain as tight as I could to stop the water from completely filling the bathroom floor and then started to unscrew the access panel off the wall. I prayed that the shut off valves weren’t frozen as I reached into the darkness. Although God seems to have a sense of humor about plumbing with me, the valves still worked.

An hour later, the floor was dry, the fixtures were all put back into place, “sparkling clean” and there was no longer a leak. I went to bed half cracking up and amazed that I didn’t wake anyone up and of course, I haven’t seen the cat since.

Just thought I’d share another plumbing story…

Regards,

Adam

PS I was talking to a buddy in MD today about what happened and he started to laugh. I said, yeah laugh it up. No, it’s not you he said, there was a water main break in Baltimore just a few minutes ago…

:unsure: Great Adam

Now I know why you like lease/options so much...the tenant does the repairs. :):DB) You might want to hire one of those maid services to clean your bathroom in the future. :o

Good luck on finding your cat.

<Steve>

Sounds like a Lucy episode
Huh? :unsure: What does a gal who grew up in the shade of Ayers Rock know about Lucy and Ricky?

:lol: Michael, dare i say it I LOVE LUCY....remember watching that with Mum when I was little so great memories for me, I also have a soft spot for Andy Griffith .

Daddyo got me the DVD's for both which I have watched repeatedly since xmas!

I have requested my other bestest fav for my 4...4....4...ahhh thats hard to type...my 40TH BIRTHDAY ................ the beverly hillbillies...they kill me LOL.

by the way, thought y'all might like a looky loo at my aussie pics so I'm posting a site with pretty pics :lol:

Did everyone have a good monday?

talk to ya soon

Kez

PS, I killed a spidey today. all by myself, I'm so brave! ;)