The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Thomas

Forms

Michael T. (lots of Michaels in this thread), I have personally used my contracts in CA without problems, as have a number of individuals I have worked with previously. I'm confident they are well suited for the Golden State. That said, it still ain't a bad idea to have any contracts you choose to use reviewed by a knowledgeable attorney.

I'm reviewing the forms on a "as I go basis"--e.g. I'm gearing up for cooperatives so I modified the assignment form. Not because of California law, but because I thought it was somewhat ambiguous. (I know, I know...its hard to improve perfection, but...)

Mike P,

Do you charge your self? If so do you then write it of on your taxes :unsure:

Tony,

Of course!!! First I triple my usual hourly rate, bill excess hours then write off that amount as legal fees. :lol: Then because I don't pay my own bill, I write it off again as a bad debt. Not bad, huh? :)

Mike P. :unsure:

The Legal Eagle

Then you also have to bill yourself for the time you spent figuring out your bill...

Then you sue your own company, company goes bk and you start over again

Rowen and Martin.........Stiller and Meara.........Penn and Teller........ladies and gentlemen, presenting Tony and Pinky. ;):):unsure::):lol: