The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Hint of interest detected

Yeah, that is a tough market. It was like there here in south Florida for about two years. It's slowed down since, but by no means is it slow.

The same will happen out your way, Tony. Always does. These markets are cyclical. Just can't say when. In the meantime, continue doing as you are because you have already nailed a few sweet deals. Imagine what happens when the market begins to slow??

For now, I think you'll achieve more success by concentrating on full price offers. Things like Pure Options, Cooperative Assignments, and full price sandwich lease deals with long term contracts, (36 months or more).

And, of course, as you noted, homeowners who aren't particularly market savvy and need debt relief today. That's where your deals are to be found.

well I hate to add this on this post but, one of the rentals I am getting for 45k just appraised at 70k with a little paint she said it would go for 75k maybe a little more. This is what I told my partner to begin with (75-80k). with a jump in appreciation this year I might l/p for 95k 75% rc and come down if I need to.

Oh yeah the mtg broker said she used some of the weaker comps too

Another update to my email campaign: While it hasn't resulted in any CA-type deals. It has yieled a couple of agents who were open-minded enough to present the offer to their clients. So I followed up with them and asked what experience they have working with investors. The first has worked with rehabbers, and the second has been a money partner and now invests in apartment buildings himself.

So if nothing else, this may be an effective way of locating those rare agents that can be assets to investors.

Realtors seem very limited in their approach to solving property challenges..

There probably is a place for realtors to get involved somewhere in creative deals........let me think of an example......hmmmmm ....well...........let's see....................uuuhhhh.................just a second............let me think...........................................................................

....................................................................hmmmmmmmmmmm

................................................................................

................................................................................

......................hhhhmmmmmmm...............................................

..well...not there...........................................................................

............oh well...............I'll post it when I figure out where it is!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Barry, LOL :lol: I'll tell you: you can use realtors to show potential buyers properties that you will buy for them. And you can use realtors to present offers if you aren't any good at negotiating directly with sellers (like me).

There, that's 2!

or you get one associated with a broker that cater to investors. $$ found one!!!! He also has submits creative offers. He was an investor that saw a need to fill. If he comes across a deal he will get it under contract (and or assigns) if no one wants it he buys it himself.