The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Chris&Kez

My Resume

:angry:

Anyone ever get 'the' person who nitpicks and bugs the heck out of you, trying to shoot you down, after they were the ones who came to you for advice in the first place?

I have had such a 'person' recently ( over the last 3 weeks )who consistently writes and asks questions, which I certainly am happy to answer by the way.....who has never offered any other contact rather than e mail, and who has intermittently questioned my abilities, I then offered him / her my resume.

To whom it may concern.

Before we begin, I will have you know I don't have any fancy things to say about me, I don't have any fancy typed up resume !

Please delete if you're looking for the obvious, because it is not in this letter.

I have no 'pretty' work experience aside for being a Mum,which I believe I am as expert at as anyone can be without a 'the handbook'.... waitressing at nights in between ,and farm labour on and off since i was 15 yrs old.

I 've planted, ploughed, picked, packaged, and sold pumpkins, zucchinis, cucumbers, broccoli, grapes, oranges, squash, 4 kinds of melons, peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums, tomatoes and peas.

I could drive my little massey tractor with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back.........after I hand cranked it to a grumbly start in 128 degree heat

..because I had to.

I can reverse a trailor better than my Dad ever could even though he was a truckdriver for 35 yrs, he taught me...and I can also do it better than most men I know.

I've been bitten, stung, chased by ferral animals, broken bones, had stitches,rolled a car, and shovelled water levies all night so as not to flood the neighbors!

I can swing an axe and always chopped my own firewood even when I was pregnant.

I can shoot a gun, and I can kill and dress my own chickens, sheep, cattle and goats to feed my family.

One time I was manager of an office for a telemarketing firm!!!!

......by default anyway, somebody left and nobody else wanted to do it.

I did a GREAT job .

But I can read, and I have good common sense...and with these 2 simple skills, one day I will be the somebody I currently have the aspirations to become.

I did well the time I was at school,straight A's,and I was very well liked and considered a good friend.

I didn't finish 10th grade , but I don't need anyone's pity .

I hate being patronised.

Credibility needs to be earned,and people want to see material evidence to support this... these are the same people who do not matter to me.

When asked , I can explain my self gotten knowlege rather well to others.

I needed moral support and encouragement along this journey.

I have never recieved much , if any ,of either.

Having said this, I will continue my reading.

I am doing quite well , thank you very much, for myself, and for my children.

One day I will be very proud of me regardless of my humble beginnings.

My kids are already very proud of their Mum.Bless them all, they are all that matters.

I intend to pass on my hard earned knowlege to those who wish to ask for help.

I will help the underdog to succeed, the financially impaired, people of ethnic or minority status, black, white yellow, whoever,and those who have the so called credibility issues , and are where I am right now.

Having said this Sir/Ma'am, I am currently compiling a list of names, and I urge you to watch your mailbox as I shall be soon sending 'said names' a personal invitation to kiss my a$$.

I thank you for your time and wish you a pleasant day.

Regards,

Kerry L Mulherin.

PS, I do wish to thank EVRYONE here, Michael, Andrew,fellow newbies alike.

It is the encouragement and support of this forum ,and the sense of humour which takes away the serious edge , and which has helped me more than any Law Book or blah blah has.

One word to all new people, please hold your head up, and encourage one another, it IS possible to 'fumble' your way to a fortune,if you don't GET IT yet, hang in there ! nothing helps more than the support and kind words we can give each other.

thanks for your time everyone, needed to vent.

Kerry Mulherin.

Hello Kerry,

My hats off to you! Even though you only have 10 years of schooling, your life experience makes up for more than that!

Ironic, isn't it. I used to be able to do the same things (but only when I was younger and I'm still learning to be a mum er..dad :angry: )

Hmm.. I'm interested to know who these blokes are that ask you for advice and then spit back at you. If it's of any comfort, rest assured that I get a lot of 'egg' in my face too. Trying to help people and then not being appreciated for at least some kind of honest efforts can be very discouraging. But all true investors will continue on regardless of adversity!!

Hang in there and best wishes!

Andrew

Anyone ever get 'the' person who nitpicks and bugs the heck out of you, trying to shoot you down, after they were the ones who came to you for advice in the first place?
Sure! They're called the in-laws :angry: .
PS, I do wish to thank EVRYONE here, Michael, Andrew,fellow newbies alike.

It is the encouragement and support of this forum ,and the sense of humour which takes away the serious edge , and which has helped me more than any Law Book or blah blah has.

One word to all new people, please hold your head up, and encourage one another, it IS possible to 'fumble' your way to a fortune,if you don't GET IT yet, hang in there ! nothing helps more than the support and kind words we can give each other.

thanks for your time everyone, needed to vent.

Kerry Mulherin.

You're welcome, Kez. It's the feedback such as this that assures me that in some small way this board is beneficial to those who choose to make use of it.

Good for you Kez! It's what's on the inside that counts when we step out into the world and push ahead.

From one newbie to another,

Gary