The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
pinkerton

Radio Ads

Friends,

My radio ad campaign, inspired by Lydia, starts today in the Sacramento California area.:D It's running for three weeks in the #2 AM Talk Radio station in the afternoon and afternoon drive time slots with some "rotators" thrown in. The ad is aimed at sellers and let's them know that they have options that enable them to get the most out of their investment and avoid fees and commissions. You can listen to the spot by using the MP3 file below.

Because of the booming sellers' market in the area, I'm geared up for cooperatives, while remaining flexible if sellers want something else. :angry:

Keep your fingers crossed for me...and I'll keep you posted!

Mike P. B)

The Legal Eagle

Option_Properties_30.mp3

Both MC and I tried to get MP3 link on the post...with no luck. :angry:

If you send me your email adress, I'll forward it to you.

Mike P. :D

The Legal Eagle

wheres the link to the mp3?
I'm working on it, boys......

......and it's done :huh:

Let's get some feedback for our Legal Eagle, please.

Great spot MikeP! Is that your voice or did you just write the copy and the station did the voice over? How much is this running you...if you don't mind?

WELLLLL?????

I'm anxious to hear how the response was to your ad.

I like the "seller's have choices" line.

I'm fixing to run my ad again this weekend--it has been 2 months since I ran an ad and I really need to get my phone to ring again!!! Bad news is that a new manager has come in and I can't get the same cheap spots I had. We're doing half as many over the same time period for the same price. So, the cost per spot has doubled.

Lydia

Lydia,

I seldom pay full price for anything. Negotiate a price that is good for both of you. Cash talks

Lydia et al.:

The number of responses to the ad was disappointing, although they have been from folks who are interested...I'm still working on putting something together on two responses.

The price on media buys varies quite a bit...it all depends on a number of factors beyond our control. For example, when the Sacramento Kings made the Western play offs the prices shyrocketed as the station I was using is pretty sports oriented.

I've got to put deals together on what I've got hanging, then move on and think through my next marketing move.

Mike P. :blink:

The Legal Eagle

Guest Guest_Lydia

Sorry you didn't get a better response. I found that several people took down my number when they heard it, but didn't actually call for weeks later. Maybe that will be your experience and maybe you'll at least get one good deal.

About rate fluctuations, it seems to be the same as everything. When they are filling their spots up easily, they aren't as "desperate" to make deals (the radio station,I mean)

Another thing I learned today is that "political rate" is their lowest rate. It hurts the stations revenue when they have to sell lots of spots cheap. So if lots politicking is going on, they eliminate their cheapest spots.

I am not terribly happy with the spots they have given me. Almost half are in the "wee hours" of the morning. I guess people listen that time of night (Think, though, about the late night infomercials that are successful). I also hope it doesn't hurt me because this is Memorial Day weekend.

I didn't want any "traffic spots" which are 10 second spots, but very expensive. I told the folkst at the station that I need to "tell my story" and I can't tell people what I have to offer them in 10 seconds.

Now, later on, I will be glad to have that "name repetition" thing going. I need more than that now, though.

We'll see. Be sure to keep us posted.

Lydia

My best friend is a Media Buyer in the NYC market, and he told me that the best ad campaigns are 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, for a minimum of 16 weeks to get consistant results.

Guest Guest_Lydia
My best friend is a Media Buyer in the NYC market, and he told me that the best ad campaigns are 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, for a minimum of 16 weeks to get consistant results.

Interesting!

Thanks for that info.

Lydia