The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
vmoney

Script for Lease Option Purchase

Hi all,

I am trying to put together a script to use when I'm calling owners of houses I would like to purchase on a L/O. Does anyone have something they use that I could modify to get me started. I keep staring at this blank screen and would really appreciate being able to leverage someone elses work, if possible. I want to put something together that will help me cover all the important things, until I get to the point where it becomes second nature to me.

Thanks much!!!

Hi vmoney!

When calling FRBOs and FSBOs, I simply ask them if they would be interested in selling their property on a lease option. You find out pretty quickly if they are interested or not - less than 15 seconds if they aren't. If they are then you can use your 'gift of gab' to find out pertinent things like what they owe, what the property's worth and how they arrived at that figure, their monthly payments, etc... As you visit you can learn about their needs; their situation - why they NEED to sell and would they be a better fit as a cooperative assignement or a sandwich Lease or a pure option. A script is more of a guideline than a rule.

The author of this site (Michael Carbonare) has a Manual that would really be helpful to you. At $97, you can't beat it. He explains all of the above, shares with you ads to use, scripts for calls and - get this - even provides copies of all of the contracts you need to do this in the real world. (Hard copy AND he emails you the contracts in Word documents). $97.

Welcome to the community vmoney!

Gary

A script is more of a guideline than a rule.
The most important sentence in Gary's post. No script can fit the needs of every conversation you're going to have, vmoney. Referring to it as a guideline is probably more accurate.

Thanks!!! I was already thinking I was going to buy the manual. :P

All kidding aside vmoney...if you are serious about L/Os (in any form) buying the Manual will be the best $97 you'll ever spend.

Buying the Manual will probably be the best value for any RE investing information you'll ever get. Take it from someone who knows and has spent a whole lot more on other materials.

The information you'll get is practical, comprehensive and ready to use.

I'll second that. vmoney, the Naked Investor and MichaelC are the "Real Deal."

And if there are questions after you receive and read the manual, you can always follow up here.

Don't pass it up!

<Steve>

vmoney,

Welcome to the Naked Investor Family... I don't know what else to really call it. After being on many forums and real estate boards, this has to be the friendliest place to come for assistance and not be nagged and badgered with SPAM, and naysayers.

Michael and the manual are so top notch he only seems to acquire quality patrons.

So have a seat, i think its time for a round of tequilas.

Mike

:ph34r:

Thanks everyone!!! You are all very kind... I love this board. In a very short time it has become my favorite.

I mean, what can I say but "WOW!" Can you feel the love in the room?? :wub: Is it the heat of summer that has everyone dizzy with amor? Is it the ongoing hope that I'l be posting my CIA-like secretive lasagne recipe online? Whatever it is, keep it coming folks. :lol: Like Robert Palmer said, "Might as well face it, I'm addicted to love". B)

Seriously, the kindness and good karma that pervade this board is like no other. It means much to me to read that others share this sentiment. And I so appreciate the positive words you all willingly share regarding my manual, this board, and me. Many, many thank you's! :)

vmoney,

Don't believe these guy this stuff doesn't really work. at least it doesn't in my area, oh wait yeah it does I have a couple deals under my belt. Just remember that in your area you may need to tweak things for your situation/market. I live in a very Hot market (sold in hours not days) but I have still been able to work it.

Just tryin' to keep it real.

The best advice is, I believe NIKE said it best "JUST DO IT".

Good luck

Michael and the manual are so top notch he only seems to acquire quality patrons.
Then what does that mean for me as a man since I married my own Peg Bundy?!

HAHAHA........I can always talk big when my office door is locked and Mrs. C. is out of town........

.........now if you'll excuse me I need to go and wash my wife's car before she returns or I'm in big trouble. :o