The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Derrick

Taking over property

Guest Derrick

Hi, I have a seller that just wants out. I want to bring his payments current, take control of the property, and sale it. What do I need from him to get this done? Can he just sign the deed over to me? Any info on this subject is appreciated.

Thanks,

Derrick

Derrick,

Holy catfish! That's one way to start a thread! lol

Yes, there are several ways to take the deed, or take control. What are the specifics?

Adam

Way to go Derrick, I have been reading up on this. Sounds like you got a subject to. What I have learn is that you need a Real Estate Purchase and sale agreement, Addendum to real estate purchase and sale agreement. General warranty deed. A Limited Power of Attorney, and a Quit claim deed. From what I have learn so far Its best to have a quit claim deed made out in the sellers name just in case something comes up. Like when you check the title and there is a big lien on it. You will already have the deed to quit claim it back to the seller by recording it at the court house. Just my two cents. Check it out and just get the right forms you might have a winner here. Of course everyone teaches it a different way so you do what makes you feel comfortable. :D

MichaelR

Guest Derrick

I'll meet with the seller on Friday to see the inside of the property. I'll let you know what happens.

Derrick

Sign in to follow this