The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Mr.B

FSBO Sites

Well I have used all the FSBO sites that where listed in the Emailing FSBO post. I have probably sent out 100 or so emails in the past two days. From the responses I have received, It very clear that the best so far has been from owners.com

The worst has been from fsbon.com one email saying that the house had been sold over a year ago and another that said it had been over two years. :)

So if your using online sites I highly recomend owners.com I have received a nice response rate from that site.

~Mr.B

Thanks for the update, Mr.B. We all benefit from sharing. Have you tried Craig's List?

I checked out the site but unfortunately the Jacksonville, FL area is not listed on that site.

~Mr.B

That's too bad about Jacksonville. I suggest you contact the site and make a suggestion to expand into that area. You'd be surprised at how accomodating they can be.

OK...

I think what you do with Craig's list is to post to the nearest geographical area.

I notice a Tucson house for sale posted in the Phoenix category because there is no Tucson category.

Their site says their small staff adds unserved communities as they can get to them, but they also say they add new ad categories as they notice ads for them.

The example given is that if they notice many furniture ads in the "for sale" category, they will add a "furniture" category. Perhaps they will do that for area categories too.

I'm going to see if I can post to Craig's list for my area, using Phoenix.

Hope that helps. I've thought of programming a database to create it's own categories and locations. That way, people could post what is needed, and the database would sort it for them and present it by area, etc.

But at this time my priority has to be getting deals. For one thing, I'd have to be able to afford the possible website traffic in case it happened before it gave me a deal in area.

Alice

I placed an add on Craig's list for a rent to own. Similar, my city wasn't listed; however, I placed the add under a neighboring city in my state and have received a few e-mails.

Interestingly enough, I have found some folks asking if I can do this "L/O thing" in there town. Hmmmm. :) I'm thinking expand expand state wide... B) Hey it doesn't hurt to dream. You know long distant CAs could work. :)

<S>

You might try US E Homes.com. Craig's list isn't in my area either, and the local US E Homes affiliate is the best one I've found for my area. A plus is that they actually mark houses as 'pending' or 'sold' and eventually remove them. One negative is that not all of the houses are FSBO, some are Agent's listings.

Actually I have that site bookmarked, but they haven't had any listings for the state of Florida since I have started looking.

~Mr.B

Mr B,

When you're driving around town or looking in the classifieds do you see any local FSBO or FRBO sites advertised? Have you tried Infotube.net? They had 177 for Florida when I looked.