The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Don't ever stop calling

I just wanted to share this in the hopes that others who are getting started with CAs or considering it, won't make the same mistake I did.

After signing up my first CA, I broke the cardinal rule: Never stop marketing! And this weekend revealed just how much I paid for it.

On Saturday I talked to a guy who has been trying to sell FSBO for a few months and has also offered it as a straight rental. I've had his number laying around for over a month. Now I call him and he just listed with a realtor last week, otherwise he would have signed on the spot!

Again, Sunday, I talk to a guy who says and I quote: "I would have jumped at the chance a couple of weeks ago, but interest is starting to pick up now." Same story with him, I've had his number laying around for a few weeks too.

The silver lining on this dark cloud of procrastination is that I talked to a 3rd guy who I've had the number of just as long as the others, he loves the idea AND hasn't got anything else going. We'll be getting together in the next day or so.

So the moral of the story is: Don't stop calling/marketing!

Keep burning through the numbers and setting up those appointments. Once you get this thing rolling you don't want to lose momentum. Do your best to have at least one deal going all the time.

Hope this helps somebody :lol:

So the moral of the story is: Don't stop calling/marketing!
Can't say that enough, Doug! Thanks for reminding us that the obvious ain't always so.

It helps remind me Doug.

Follow-ups, I feel, can be a large % of our business. And calling the homeowner a second time or more is much easier as you have already begun building a relationship.

Good luck with your meeting with the 3rd guy.

<S>

New GOAL!!!!!

20 dials per day to start. I made 20 calls to fsbo's . The paper was dated 5/31/04.

WAY aged... Results today 20 dials 7 contacts, 3 no's amd 4 sold there house was

I left 4 massages.

I changed the script and asked if there house was still for sale. If they said no, I asked if they had any other homes for sale. One person was putting a rental up and he wanted all cash. I just said have a great day.

100 dials

60 contacts

1 deal

$3,000 per deal (CA)

$30 per dial

In my job if I got paid $30 per dial, I would be rich....IT'S better than the SLOTS.

In my job if I got paid $30 per dial, I would be rich....IT'S better than the SLOTS.
:) That's a good way of looking at it, Al! I Like your attitude.