The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alan

CAs on Mobile Homes

Where I live we have alot of mobile homes....

Has anyone done a CA on a mobile?

AL

Because they depreciate in value, getting financing on a Mobile Home has its own special set of challeges. I would make sure that you have one or two source that are willing to setup financing on used MHs in your area before you attempt to L/P one. There are some books available on investing in MHs. One is called Tin Can Alley and there are a few more. I would do as much research as possible before getting involved in MHs.

usually due to the financing they can not get a loan. Thats why you buy low sell high with owner financing where you hold the paper.

You can also do a search for Lonnie Scruggs

Alan,

Most mobile homes cannot be rented or sold LO. FHA no longer even finances them if they're in a park. (To the best of my knowledge) It's because of what was already said; their depreciating value.

I don't touch them unless it would be for ownership and cashflow. But again, I didn't get into this business to be a landlord.

Just my two cents,

Adam

There's a lot of people in South Florida right now trying to GIVE theirs away......trust me. :lol:

Sign in to follow this