The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest b747dogg

Flipping New Houses?

Guest b747dogg

:lol:

Looking for any input or ideas about flipping a new house from a builder. My last house went up $80,000 between the time I purchased it and the time I closed. So I'm thinking about trying it with a new one and selling it right after closing. Seems like I just put a little down to hold it while being built and i'll get a year of appreciation out of it. Any thoughts???? Thanks.

My personal opinion, NEVER count on appreciation to make you money. You never know when the market will turn on a dime.

If that sounds extreme, then I got my point across.

~Mr.B

Mr. B has a good point, but new construction CAN be VERY profitable just like you're talking about. Put a little down and after it's built it could be worth a lot more than you got it for. One of the only problems is that a lot of investors know about this and there's usually HUGE lines during the day of sale.

A buddy of mine (Surfer Dude Barry) bought two like this just Sat. He's looking to make a real nice profit on both. Should get him to put his two cents here.....

Regards,

Adam

In theory, it's ideal. But, as has already been pointed out, if you're planning on appreciation to make the deal for you, you'd better have a Plan B.

I know it's difficult for some of you younger, newer investors to imagine. But, what happens when appreciation doesn't occur? Or, horrors, the market corrects and drops 20%? B) It has happened, and it can happen again.

Not trying to be a nosebleed for anyone, just be sure to have a Plan B in place.

Guest Guest

Thanks for the input. I'm not just counting on property appreciation, the builder is going to raise the price 10,000 to 30,000 a month until he is sold out of properties. So this is where I plan on making most my profit. It's like am selling a spec home for the builder. Why not buy the same house from me for 30,000 less then the builder is selling them at that time?

B)

Guest b747dogg
Thanks for the input. I'm not just counting on property appreciation, the builder is going to raise the price 10,000 to 30,000 a month until he is sold out of properties. So this is where I plan on making most my profit. It's like am selling a spec home for the builder. Why not buy the same house from me for 30,000 less then the builder is selling them at that time?

B)

This post was from me!