The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Request From Seller

I have a seller in a sandwhich L/O with me who ask for a copy of the t/b's l/o agreement.

Well, I do not think I am willing to just give them a copy. The agreement is between me and the t/b and the seller has nothing to do with it. The seller does not know anything about the deal I made with the t/b nor do they need to I figure.

I am not sure why the seller wants a copy, as I found out about this from a voice message today.

Before making further contact with the seller, I am thinking that I will tell them that it is company policy not to give out this information or personal info. about the tenant/buyer. That I am buying the house from them not the tenant/buyer.

Any other possible suggestions?

Thanks,

<S>

Make an effort to reming the seller that his needs have been met and you are responsible for the payments being on time and not the T/B, you are responsible for the maintenance (according to the contract) so he has nothing to be concerned about. With that and what you mentioned he should be satisfied. I would hope.

I am not sure why the seller wants a copy, as I found out about this from a voice message today.

Before making further contact with the seller, I am thinking that I will tell them that it is company policy not to give out this information or personal info. about the tenant/buyer.  That I am buying the house from them not the tenant/buyer.

Any other possible suggestions?

Steve,

I think you're on the right track with saying it's against company policy to give out that information.

Kim

Steve, I agree with the consensus above. The seller may be curious, but he certainly has neither need nor right to that information. I wouldn't say it like that to him, but I would cite something along the lines of "company policy" about releasing personal information such as this. Tell him to do so would be in violation of the company's privacy agreement, and would require you to get a release of information form signed by the t/b first. That should suffice.

I'm not sure but I think HIPAA (Federal privacy guidelines) comes into play here when releasing personal/private information about someone without their written release/permission. You could be subjecting yourself personally or your corporation to federal fines and worse.

Gary

Thanks for the replies.

I don't think this is a big issue. I just want to make sure I am on the right track with my responce to the seller and nip this in the bud.

<S>

I am a snart a$$ so you can ignore this if you want...

Send them a copy of your agreement with them. You are there t/b....

or

what you already said

or

My attorney has advised against that, if I where to do that and you copied my agreement I could be liable....

I'm a snart a$$ to Tony. :) So from one snart a$$ to the other, I think I'll tell the seller "to ahhh forget about it." B)

Hey you know that you have well over 1,000 posts. Except for the big guy MC, I think you have set a record. Isn't there some sort of reward? :P

<S>

I'm a snart a$$ to Tony. :P So from one snart a$$ to the other, I think I'll tell the seller "to ahhh forget about it." B)

Hey you know that you have well over 1,000 posts. Except for the big guy MC, I think you have set a record. Isn't there some sort of reward? B)

<S>

Wow! Two snart a$$e$ on my board! I had better be more diligent about who I allow in here! :P

Hmmm....a reward for crossing the thousand post count......what can I/We give Tony??...... :) I'm thinking Naked Investor military fatigues, but I'm open to suggestions.

what can I/We give Tony??......  I'm thinking Naked Investor military fatigues
:)

I didn't know there was such a thing. The fatigues must be in the Naked-Investor Christmas catalog. :P Yeah that's it. He has got to love'em they are the color of $$$. B)

Here is what I e-mailed the seller and their responce:

"Regarding the tenant/buyer's lease. It is company policy to not release personal information such as this. If I were to do so, I would be in violation of the company's privacy agreement, and it would require me to get a release of information form signed by the tenant/buyer first.

Their responce:

"That makes sense about the lease. The copy of our lease/purchase agreement between us should suffice. Thanks for responding about that."

And that's the end of that. B)

Thanks

<S>

"That makes sense about the lease. The copy of our lease/purchase agreement between us should suffice. Thanks for responding about that."

And that's the end of that.  :P

I love it when a plan comes together.....isn't that what the A-Team used to say at the end of each show?? :)

I love it when a plan comes together.....isn't that what the A-Team used to say at the end of each show??

Sometimes.

Then sometimes "B.A." (Mr. T) would say, "I pity da foo'" after "Murdoch" made an all-too-funny remark about how he did all the work, rather than "B.A." :)

Or sometimes "Hannibal" would say, with cigar in hand, "...no problem Mr. Sandusky. That's what the A-Team's for."

No matter what was said, the gang always had a hearty chuckle and the picture would freeze, rolling the credits.

And here I thought all that was shown in 'Bama was The Dukes of Hazzard! Seems someone has been an A-Team afficionado lo all these years....

On the contrary my Italian friend.

Not only the A-Team, but The Incredible Hulk, Alf, and Knight Rider (my favorite).

Ah...to be 4 again :P:)