The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
socharming1

Help Brand New House 8" Over Acceptable Mark

:blink:

Arlington Co. in Va says a house variance was approved in 1999. Builders added to existing home 2001. Builders built 8 inches rear and side, over the line. House must be set back 8 inches.

Is it possible to move a house?

7bed/7 bath

Valued at 10100000 ONE HUNDRED ONE MILLION (unable to write big #'s :unsure: )

Assessed at 993000.00

On market since 8/04

asking 699,900.

will settle for 600,000.

Why hasn't anyone else jumped on this. All the officials I called knew about the house.

Does anyone know how to make this work? <_<

And how to structure the deal so I don't have to depend so much on HM?

That's a tough one to answer. There are a lot of folks who are going to be involved in this deal, whenever it finally goes go down. Imagine all the attorneys and county officials and construction crews who are going to be in the mix. Personally, that scenario would send me running in the opposite direction.

However, if the financial possibilities of this deal are too enticing to pass, the best advice anyone can give you, socharming, is to seek counsel. This is too big and cumbersome to do on your own.

I almost bought a flood house (Isabell [sepTember a little over a year ago] anyway) that needed to be lifted. 2 story 1500 sqft Straight up lift was about 30k plus 15k for blocks plum and everthing else if that helps. It sounded to much like work so next.