The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Golflover

Driving Around

I dont know if its because the time of year or what, but i've noticed so many more FSBO signs in neighborhoods that hasnt been listed in the newspaper. Im thinking that even though we arent realtors and since the gas prices are coming down, it wouldnt be a bad idea to take a nice sunday drive with a note pad and my digital camera to take some notes and pics of homes that i normally wouldnt locate on my way to work or see in the newspaper.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts?

What are you waiting for? Not everyone that has a FSBO sign will advertise in the paper on a weekly basis. Some won't ever advertise online or off. Go drive around, collect addresses and numbers, then start calling!

I agree Kim,

I guess im trying to do things by the book and not be a realtor like MC says, but i think its time to think outside of the box since nothing so far has worked for me.

Golflover,

The "not being a Realtor" means make your offers BEFORE you go inspect the house to make sure it meets your qualifications! Take a different routes when you go places you normally go, drive through different neighborhoods. It doesn't have to take a lot of time to get some numbers from fsbo signs.

Golflover, I don't think I ever said not to call FSBO's off of yard signs. When I say we aren't Realtors, what I mean is that it isn't our best use of time to run to see every property each time a homeowner says, "Yeah, I might be interested. Why don't you come by and have a look at the place." It's in the homeowner's best interests to get foot traffic to his house. It's in our best interest to use our time wisely by giving it to those who are motivated to do business with us.

I do not think taking a drive around the neighborhood noting FSBO and/or FRBO signs is a bad thing at all. Especially if, as you say, the ads seem to have dried up. (And by the way, not so unusual at this time of year. Many homeowners put off their advertising around the Holidays. You will begin to see a pickup in ads again during the next few weeks.)