The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
-Tony-

good things come in threes

well got my 1. LLC in the mail yesterday and 2. my add started yesterday.....3. (?) first deal maybe

Tony

MC,

Okay, raise another one for getting home from the J O B and getting a message someone called for you about your add....I know just one but it is a once a week military paper and it just came out yesterday...

Tony

well,

not getting my hopes up but, talked to a gentleman tonight. He is buying another house (called me on my ad) just put up the fsbo sign yesterday. I fumbled my way through it. explained about the ten + toilet and he explained how he thought about renting but that is what was holding him up. he was real interested e-mailed him the faq's he is not working on monday so I will get back with him then (I don't do biz on Sundays and he agreed).

asking 168k 1989sq ft 3bd / 2 1/2 ba 2 story

comps

2 158.5k 6-7 month 2037sq ft 4bd / 2 1/2 ba 2 story

1 175k 2 month 2160sq ft 4bd / 2 1/2 ba 2 story

1 147.7k 2 month 2005sq ft 3bd / 2 ba 1 story

1 165k 4 month 2157sq ft 4bd / 2 1/2ba 1 story

1 137.9k 7 month 1744sq ft 3bd / 2 ba 1 story

he bought it in Feb 1999 for 137k mortgage is $1095

just getting you prepared for any questions I might have.

Tony

p.s. I think I will put an ad in the daily. FYI I used the "Family need house with option to purchase" out of the manual

MichaelC,

on the short offer what do I offer for the rent start at PITI and go from there. just found out rents are around $1350. With just your experience what have you gotten before on rent to owns in that price range.

Thanks Tony

Hi, Tony. I would offer him $1,100 monthly and see what he says. You can always go higher if the local market accepts it.

What I have received in that price range has varied greatly. Too many factors at play. The marketplace in south Florida, for example, is quite different than the marketplace in VA or NM.

In fact, you can't find 1,968sf for under $235K in this area. The rent would probably be in the $2,100 range.

What are you going to offer as a purchase price?

MC,

I was thinking 150k and go as high as 155-158k. But would love to get it for 150k

I am getting ready to call him so any help will be appricated

Tony

Tony, if you're hoping to get it at $150K, you'll need to make a lesser offer in anticipation of his counter offer. Why not offer, say, $144K? You can try and justify it with a letter along with the Short Offer form, reminding him that your offer is a true net price: no Realtor's fees or closing costs.

Not to mention no tenants and toilets and no rent collection problems. You know the routine, Tony. In essence, you are reiterating the FAQ's document.

oh yeah, go figure. Title Co.'s here can't give me comps either. On nice lady referred me to a mortgage Co.

MAYBE I OUGHT TO MOVE, put my 2 weeks in at work, think Uncle Sam would understand...lrlol (laugh really loud out loud)

Tony

MichaelC,

Was there a letter in with the forms and doc's you sent? I don't remember seeing one. Okay I'll be honest I know there isn't one but, you know some people just expect to be spoon fed...YA GOT ANY EXAMPLES...If not I will fumble my way through that too. If I do get this deal I think that will be my new MO "to fumble through it"

Tony