The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

Bandit Signs Work Around The Local Laws

Lately I see lots of furniture stores using bandit signs in mass only on weekends. I know for a fact my hometown is very strict on signs. SIgns even says in small lettering. " Attention POLICE this sign will be removed with 48 hours" Which it is

Also, they hire kids to stand at major intersections of malls etc. on the weekends with 3 signs nailed to a 6 foot pole. Same signs you place on the curbs leading into the area. They raise the sign and move the pole as the cars drive pass through the intersection.

What if the signs said

1st sign on pole could says

I BUY HOUSES

(518) 727-XXXX

2nd sign on pole

I AM MAKING WRITTEN OFFERS HERE TODAY! NOW

If you had trouble moving your home, would you stop and talk? What if you knew you might get an offer on the spot?

After talking to the seller and learning about the home make a simple letter offer in writing. Using a escape clause saying the house must be seen. All this will get you in the door of the house to start the deal.

Now thats great use of you time and networking while advertising for pennys. Plus when your not networking or making written offers you call be calling FSBOs on your cell phone.

Craig, I think that's a creative and unique approach to getting the word out about what you're looking for and how you can help a homeowner in need. An aggressive marketing technique such as this would certainly stand out in the neighborhood. If you do go ahead with this, I'd be interested in reading the results after a month of weekends trying it out.