The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

Short Offer Letter

Is this short offer to detailed?

Dear Mr. Kevin Clancy,

Enclosed is our offer for your property at 151 Lark Street, Albany New York. This is our Short Offer Form, which we use to clarify the main terms of the deal. Upon your approval a complete Residential Lease with Option to Purchase Agreement will be prepared for your final review and acceptance.

I will offer a 3 year lease option. The lease agreement is contingent upon that heating cost burden being the homeowner's responsablitly until either the owner is able to cover the cost or he rewrites the existing leases.

1) Rent: $ 950.00 per month

2) Lease Term: 36 months, beginning TBD and ending __________.

3) Maintenance: Buyer/Tenant will be responsible for maintenance and repairs of the property,

not to exceed $200.00 per incident.

4) Purchase Price: $ 90,000

5) Option Period: 36 months, beginning TBD and ending ________.

6) Option Consideration: $ 10.00 All Option Consideration will be credited in full

toward the purchase of the property.

7) Rent Credit: Buyer/Tenant will be credited $ 0.00 per month toward the purchase.

8) Expiration: This offer shall expire on Aug 19th at 12.00 PM.

9) Inspection: This offer is contingent upon physical inspection of property and subsequent

completion of a formal and signed Residential Lease with Option to Purchase Agreement.

In addition, we are responsible for the bulk of all maintenance and repair responsibilities. This places the property on “auto-pilot” for you, and eliminates the day to day tenants and toilets problems that can often accompany a typical rental.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience with any questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Craig M. Warner

Craig,

I like it. It's full disclosure and to the point. I would clarify the word "Bulk" so there's no confusion.

Let us know if it works!

Regards,

Adam

PS Check you spellin though. :D

I like that too. I was talking to a seller yesterday that wanted me to come up with a whole business plan before he even discussed a C/A or L/O. Are you using this once you already have a prospect? Would something like that work as a mailer?

Shane

The lease agreement is contingent upon that heating cost burden being the homeowner's responsablitly until either the owner is able to cover the cost or he rewrites the existing leases.

Hey Craig-

Could you explain this issue?

Craig, did you receive my PM and email regarding this?

I did receive the message concerning the heat/fuel bills. That was helpful.

PM Maybe my In-Laws deleted them...:-]

Craig,

I like it. It's full disclosure and to the point.  I would clarify the word "Bulk" so there's no confusion.

Let us know if it works!

Regards,

Adam

PS Check you spellin though.  :lol:

He came back with big demands. Guess he wasn't as motivated as first thought.

The lease agreement is contingent upon that heating cost burden being the homeowner's responsablitly until either the owner is able to cover the cost or he rewrites the existing leases.

Hey Craig-

Could you explain this issue?

This 3 PLEX was fully leased with the heating cost included in the rent. With the fuel prices this winter who knows what will be in store. Because the property was miss managed with low rents it won't cash flow this winter. I would end up paying out of pocket for the oil to heat the property.