The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Steve

Hustling

I just got off the phone with a seller who phoned my I buy houses ad, he's not interested in a RTO, but he told me his situation. He's going through a divorce, and needs to sell, he told me his house is around 285k, and will sell it to me for 270k. In addition, the top floor and bottom floor are rented for a total of about $2200. I think this would be great to assign to an investor whose in the cashflow game, they wouldn't even have to worry about vacancies.

Interesting thing is the seller thinks I'm a hustler, now I'm not to sure if this is a good or bad thing, I mean after all it wasn't too long ago people were questioning my competency after speaking with them, and now I'm called a huslter, and still working on closing my first CA. I'll take it as a backhanded complement, I guess, and at the same time work on my approach.

Any comments are appreciated.

Steve

Steve, what Jonathan said. What's in this "deal" for you? The homeowner will sell it to you for what is, in reality, full retail. I assure you there are better deals to be had. Keep marketing, keep speaking with homeowners. The market appears to be slowing a bit, and in your part of the country, I can't help but think that the deep freeze of winter has to cool things off...literally and figuratively. :wacko:

Steve,

When a guy is an investor and offers a property TO ANOTHER INVESTOR at those terms, I can only think of one of two things. One, he thinks you're an idiot or two, he's an idiot.

Since we know you're not an idiot, let's go with option number 2. :wacko:

Geez....the nerve.....

Adam