The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
happyardy

Life After Rita

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing fine. It is after many days that I finally got an internet connection.

As you all must be knowing, my city Lake Charles, LA was hit mighty hard by hurricane Rita. The local authorities ordered mandatory evacuation on last-to-last(22 Sept) Thursday morning and we packed important stuff and headed north. It seemed like the whole world was on our freeway. We later found out that it was the worst traffic jam ever in the history of USA. It took us 5 hours to cover the first 9 miles.

Anyways, now we are in a hotel in Ruston, LA and waiting for the local authorities to announce that people can return. Probably it wont happen atleast for 2 weeks since Lake Charles still doesnt have electricity, water, sewer etc.

With Katrina, we had just escaped but Rita was a direct hit. I have no clue how my apartment is looking after Rita since I havent even been able to go back.

Anyways, things will slowly return back to normal. I hope everyone else(especially members from Beaumont, Port Arthur, TX) are doing OK.

- Ardy

Ardy, good to hear from you, and better to know you are doing reasonably well, considering the size and scope of what happened down in your corner of the planet. Good luck getting through all of this. God speed, my friend!