The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Joseph_44

notarizing documents

Guest Joseph_44

Michael C on your post 1/27/03 you said the R L with O to P A

does not have to be notarized but the M of O must be notarized

and P M must be notarized.Question how do you get the sellers

to sign all the paper work and have all the forms notarized? do all you sellers make a trip to the notary to sign the approprate paper work?

Michale If you post an add in the paper which reads no qualifing then you get a t/b to accept your terms then you turn around and want to qualify these people shouldent that have been done when they first contacted you? Hope this isn't a dome Q just covering all my bases. Thanks

Hi, Joseph. Long time, no hear.

Having any document notarized is not a big deal. Any local bank branch will do it for you. Make a quick trip, do the deed, everyone is on their way. Twenty minutes, maybe thirty? Most homeowners will readily agree to having a document notarized. Why not? It's as much in their interest to do so as it is yours. If you explain to a homeowner that you want to be sure everything is on the up and up, they'll probably have a more secure feeling about doing business with you, also.

I'm not sure about your second question. Are you asking if and when we qualify a tenant/buyer?

I have heard that some people offer mobile notarization services, where they will actually drive out to wherever you need them to notarize a document. Of course there is a slightly higher fee for this, but it may well be worth your time and the homeowners time.