The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
kyoung

Invisible to Drama Queens

Drama, Drama, Drama  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I posted this question on a different REI site to no avail. This forum seems to have more people with my kind of humor (read: are warped like me) so I will try again here....

Due to my severe distain for "drama queens" I have purposely stayed away from investing in MH's. Yes, I realize my drama queen assessment is a generalization and that not every MH owner fits that description. It has just been my experience.

I have been thinking about investing in mobile homes again and I have 2 questions.

1. Has it also been your experience that MH owners are a tad on the dramatic side?

2. Is there anything you can do from a marketing standpoint to attract the less dramatic variety? (Both on the buy side and the sell side.)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Kay Young - REtips.com

I posted this question on a different REI site to no avail. This forum seems to have more people with my kind of humor (read: are warped like me) so I will try again here....

Due to my severe distain for "drama queens" I have purposely stayed away from investing in MH's. Yes, I realize my drama queen assessment is a generalization and that not every MH owner fits that description. It has just been my experience.

I have been thinking about investing in mobile homes again and I have 2 questions.

1. Has it also been your experience that MH owners are a tad on the dramatic side?

2. Is there anything you can do from a marketing standpoint to attract the less dramatic variety? (Both on the buy side and the sell side.)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Kay Young - REtips.com

Kay,

There's not a lot you can do about drama. Mobile homes are not out of question if you do them right. As for lease options (the topic of this site) and mobile home investing, they are far and few. This is because most mobile home parks do not allow the owners to lease their properties out. I.e. MORE DRAMA! :wacko:

So yes, the drama issue can be a down side to this business unless you can avoid it all together. Here's what I suggest.

If you want to do mobile home investing learn how to buy and sell notes. This is what we do with our investing. We find the mobile home, flip it to the park owner, fill it while creating the note and sell it to our note buyers. Done deal.

It doesn't yield super high profits, but it allows us to sleep at night. :closedeyes:

Regards,

Adam

Hello Kay, and welcome to The Naked Investor!

This forum seems to have more people with my kind of humor (read: are warped like me)We try our best to keep things in perspective around here. Warped is good. :wacko:

I have first hand experience with drama queens. Her name is Jossie and she is my 17 year old daughter. Just ask her to remove last weeks half eaten hamburger from her closet, and she'll put on a performance that Meryl Streep couldn't touch! But, I digress. . .

As for drama queens and mobile homes, can't say I've noticed any connection between the two. Then again, I don't do any dealings in that niche, so my experience is very limited. My suggestion is that the next time you find yourself facing one of these DQ's, put on an even bigger and more grandiose performance yourself! Beat 'em at their own game. :closedeyes:

My suggestion is that the next time you find yourself facing one of these DQ's, put on an even bigger and more grandiose performance yourself! Beat 'em at their own game. :closedeyes:

Well I have been told I look like Brett Butler... maybe I'll give the acting thing a try.

<back of hand on forehead in the best Judy Garland voice I can muster>

"Oh Mr. Seller! I just can't pay that much for your house. I can't, I tell ya, I just can't!"

[end scene]

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to hangin around.

Kay

Hi Kay:

I have spent a little time in the mobile home park. In this park they did allow RENT TO OWNS. Here is my findings.

Mobile Home Parks (in my area NY) did attract some drama queens.

I could do lots of business because everyone is trying to sell those singles and doubles.

Received lots of attraction and calls but from people with a small amount of CASH but they all wanted the property.

I found more marital problems than I wanted to deal with. ( I got my own)

I do see at as a niche that can be very profitable but with its troubles too.

Craig

ROFLMAO You are SO not making this any better. I should have told you the other celeb I have been likened to. The images of her are a little easier on the eyes. LOL

Hehe. . Helen Hunt is quite the crowd pleaser. Unless the crowd favors The Village People. Then I don't think she'd garner a second look. :blink:

Happy New Year!