The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

CD questions and answers about Lease/ purchases

Putting this out on the table to see the reaction. Looking for feed back.

A few years back I did research an audio CDS and there impact. If we as a group could write up a script like interview to be put into a CD for marketing are services showing the advantages of Lease/Purchases. Using real figures etc. and a very strong trusting voice would help to. Then these CDS could be copied and distributed with direct mail, expired listings and doorknockers etc. to a possible market it would cut down are time and weed out the unmotivated sellers before we even get to them.

Many companies use this technique. It saves time, and is used like a informative talk show with questions and answers but also is more personal than a letter or flyer. Its easier to understand and is simple. People could listen as they are driving to work etc or at home.

If we could get the information together with questions answers etc. write a script and assemble the sound files this could be a great marketing tool we could all use in are business for a very small cost to all of us.

Could be titled something like GIMME MY MONEY BACK ITS MY HOUSE...

Worth a shot.

The only CDs I ever get in the mail are from AOL and they get chucked straight away. I would be worried that your CD would meet the same fate unless you really made your packaging beg to be opened and listened to.

I did something similar on a very small scale with "digital business cards". They are small rectangular CDs with rounded ends that are the size of standard business cards. They were not just audio however - they were meant for use on a computer. They had a nice presentation on them that auto launched when it was put in the PC. Pretty slick actually.

Digital Business Cards

More Cards (other shapes)

I had an excellent response, but I wasn't targeting sellers so I wouldn't even begin to know what your response rate might be. Could be fun. If there is enough interest maybe there could be a sticky post where Q&As could be gathered.

-Kay

Like any marketing technique, it appears to have its pros and cons. Kay hit on one possibility: the CD finding its way to the trash, along with the AOL coasters we all receive weekly.

That said, I certainly am not ready to condemn the idea, Craig. I think with a little planning and research this could be given a trial run at a reasonable cost. I'd be willing to contribute to it in any way I could. The technology part of it, though, is better left to those who are more in tune with that stuff. I mean, I had no idea that something like those digital business cards that Kay linked to existed.

Let me know when you're ready. I HAVE the technology and can "git-er-dun"!!

Rich B.

Let me know when you're ready. I HAVE the technology and can "git-er-dun"!!

Rich B.

I was thinking of a interview format talking about the advantages of Lease Options. For example if we had a script interviewing a knowledgeable board member. Just putting questions on the table and then coming back with great answers.

My thinking is if someone was interested in but a little unsure they could put the CD in the car while riding to work. You are educating them not selling them.

Okay I challenge the board to offer some questions which would support this effort.

Craig