The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Grf1974

Receiving/Sending Faxes online

Not having gone the e-fax route myself, I can't answer from personal experience. However, a quick Google search for "online faxes" pulls up a wide selection. Shop around and see who fits your needs.

Not having gone the e-fax route myself, I can't answer from personal experience. However, a quick Google search for "online faxes" pulls up a wide selection. Shop around and see who fits your needs.

I did, but I wanted to see if ayone had experience and had a recommendation ;)

e-fax works fine but I've only used it for receiving. If you have a fax modem and VOIP you can send faxes for free.

I've also heard of fax over IP where you email faxes to a phone number like: 555-555-5555@faxserver.whatever.com

I've been using "Fax It Nice" and it has been working well. It is an email fax service and you can send and receive a fax for a few cents per page. NO monthly fee. You are also able to fax directly form Microsft Word. I opened an account for $20. I'd recommend it.

Here is a link faxitnice.com

I've had great success with eFax. You can customize the results, especially receiving to multiple email addresses if you travel alot or what other people to receive you faxes as well.

Funny -- I just ran into this need myself. Signed up today as a matter of fact: http://onebox.com/ -- I went with their middle-tier plan, The Executive, as I wanted a voicemail service as well. That, and the name made me feel special B) The web interface is a bit clunky, but usable.

The most important features for me:

1) relatively cheap @ $17/mo -- for 100 minutes of usage; we'll see how sufficient that is..

2) no contract/cancel anytime -- important in lieu of point #1

3) simple (and simple to setup) forwarding capabilities -- voice mails and rcvd faxes get forwarded on to my "real" email account (onebox includes a webmail service, but why I would use anything other than my beloved gmail is beyond comprehension)

4) Two phone numbers, a local number and a tollfree number -- which come with some uber cool call forwarding capabilities ...all administerable over the web

I'm sure there are more robust/capable services out there, but the price on this one was right, it was easy to get rolling (total time invested today: 1 hour, including time playing with faxing and forwarding messages and tweaking the voicemail greetings) and it meets my immediate needs. There are a total of three packages (the Executive is the middle), offering more/less capability at a higher/lower per month cost.