The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
belliott71

CA--Which option form and how long

Hello everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a while and I've bought the manual. I just had a couple of questions about the option forms to use. Do I use the hybrid lease and the standard option to purchase that is right after the regular lease for tenants? How long should the option between myself and the seller be? And lastly what about the option to purchase between the tenant I find and the seller (when is that one drawn up and should the length match the length of lease)?

Thanks for all the good info on this board.

Brad E.

Brad, the paperwork you would use is dependent upon the type of lease purchase deal. Give the specifics of the deal and your position in it, and I can tell you exactly which forms to use.

How long should the option between myself and the seller be?
The longer the better. There is value in time.
And lastly what about the option to purchase between the tenant I find and the seller (when is that one drawn up and should the length match the length of lease)?
Not sure what you mean with the above statement. Could you clarify? Again, what type of lease purchase deal are you referring to?

Michael,

Thanks for your help. I think I stumbled upon a post where you helped someone else out with the same questions I had, and now it is clear as to which forms to use.

Thanks

Brad E

Glad I could help, Brad. It isn't difficult, but just be sure you are using the correct paperwork with the type of deal you are doing.

I have a couple of questions regarding the forms used in a CA. After reading MC's manual, my understanding is that I enter into an agreement with the seller using the CA Residential Lease Agreement and then use the Assignment of Agreement to assign my original agreement with seller to my T/B.

1) Do I need to use an Option to purchase agreement too?

2) After assigning my interest to T/B, do they need to fill out another contract with Seller?

I really appreciate any clarification any of you can provide.

Phil

Yes.
2) After assigning my interest to T/B, do they need to fill out another contract with Seller?
No. What contract were you thinking of?

I have a couple of questions regarding the forms used in a CA. After reading MC's manual, my understanding is that I enter into an agreement with the seller using the CA Residential Lease Agreement and then use the Assignment of Agreement to assign my original agreement with seller to my T/B.

I really appreciate any clarification any of you can provide.

Phil

I was thinking they needed to fill out another residential lease agreement with seller replacing my info with their own.

I was thinking they needed to fill out another residential lease agreement with seller replacing my info with their own.

Nah.

No need to, as you're assigning that agreement (between you & the seller) to the TB.