The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Finding landlords willing to sell

I'll see your quart and raise you a gallon.

I just called the house, spoke to the wife, she's not familiar with "rent-to-own" but will get her husband to call when he gets home.

Hmm, well no callback. She probably talked to her husband who called the agent to ask about this "rent to own thing" and the agent said: "That bastard emailed me yesterday asking the same damn thing!"

LOL! I'm surprised the agent didn't call to complain that I'm trying to interfere with his listing :lol:

That's not what happened, Doug. The wife tried to explain to the husband her version of Rent To Own. She butchered the hell out of it, and now hubby's understanding is that the tenant rents for a year, then owns the property. That's why you haven't received a call back. :lol:

I am able to get a lot of leads from calling burned out landlords in Pittsburgh, PA area. Cash flow is good on homes that you can buy for $15,000. When rents are about $600.

I am able to get a lot of leads from calling burned out landlords in Pittsburgh, PA area. Cash flow is good on homes that you can buy for $15,000. When rents are about $600.
Welcome aboard, JC. But tell me, what on earth can you buy for $15K?? :rolleyes:

caulk, putty and paint make a carpenter what he ain't..... :rolleyes: