The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
smitchell210

My Experience So Far (CA's)

I have started contacting homeowners with Michael's simple email strategy and the results have been amazing!

I have about 4-5 potential deals. Homeowners are taking to this like crazy. Even the homeowners that can't sell on a lease option at this point are apologetic for not being in the position to do so! Very few straight out no's at this point.

Hopefully I will have something signed up before the week is over!!

Thanks,

Scott

Congrats!

I wonder why that doesn't work here. I emailed 40 sellers the other day and haven't received a single response. Shades of August '07 when I emailed 350 sellers and only got a few replies, all flat out no's.

Congrats!

I wonder why that doesn't work here. I emailed 40 sellers the other day and haven't received a single response. Shades of August '07 when I emailed 350 sellers and only got a few replies, all flat out no's.

I have been using the 1 - 2 punch. The generic first email with a 2nd email explaining more what I do. Haven't changed a thing except the company name. One seller is willing to let his house go for the balance and maybe pay some closing cost on top of that. May try to get a pure option on it and market it like crazy.

Can't wait to see where this leads to!

I have started contacting homeowners with Michael's simple email strategy and the results have been amazing!
And you thought I was just another pretty face! B)

Good work, Scott. B)

I wonder why that doesn't work here.

The United States just called and they

said any and all methods mentioned within these

forums works down there.

B)

The United States just called and they

said any and all methods mentioned within these

forums works down there.

Didn't your mother teach you about the consequences of rubbing salt in a Canadian's wounds? We could...could...ahh...TP your house if we're REALLY pissed off! B)

Seriously. do you think one of those bama babes of yours would take me in for a week or two? You know, just until I make my first million.

name='Scott Mitchell' date='Jan 30 2008, 09:50 PM' post='33710'

quote name='Doug Pretorius (ON)' post='33709' date='Jan 30 2008, 08:43 PM'Congrats!

One seller is willing to let his house go for the balance and maybe pay some closing cost on top of that. May try to get a pure option on it and market it like crazy.

Can't wait to see where this leads to!

Yes, Scott, congrats!

However, one word of caution! OK, a few words!

What is the balance owing?

What are the comps for the property? (Which is what similar properties have sold for RECENTLY ... not 6 months ago .... as the market as softened since then)!

You will need to dig deeper to see if this is a deal or not.

It's not a deal if the mortgage payments are higher than what the house is worth (which is maybe why they are saying that you can just take over their payments = SUCKER)!

If that's the case, it will be very hard (or next to impossible) for you market it as a Pure Option, or take over the deed, via a Sub-2 transaction, or even selling it on a Rent-to-Own (whether it's via a CA or Sandwhich Lease)!

You will need to do your due diligence by finding out the true value of the property (a Realtor can help you with that, if you have one), what the LTV is, and assessing what the market will bear!

The reasons why I am pointing this out is that both money and your time is precious. Hate to see you spend time and money on something that turns out to be a dog (worthless)!

I hope this has helped!

Cheers,

Jean