The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
smitchell210

Emailed first short offer letter today!

I emailed my first short offer letter for a possible CA today.

Gentleman fixed up house and probably put to much work into it. Had house listed with a couple of showings but no offers. He is wanting to stop the bleeding @ $700 a month. Told him what we could do and he is very interested.

So we will see if he likes the numbers and go from there. This came from Craigslist and after serveral hundred emails. And a few sellers giving me the third degree about what I do and how long and so on. So if you are new like me just keep plugging away. Your next email may just be your first deal!

Thanks.

Scott

One out of several hundred? Yikes! Is the closing ratio for CAs usually that bad or is email a lot less effective than calling?

One out of several hundred? Yikes! Is the closing ratio for CAs usually that bad or is email a lot less effective than calling?
Not at all. I sent out several dozen emails last weekend. Let's say 100. That resulted in three new CA's, and another one or two pending that I need to follow up with. Many factors go into your end results. Your local real estate market being the most important, I would think, along with the individuals presentation. In Scott's case, he's new and probably not as polished as some of the more experienced among us. As he gains some experience and know how, his closing rate will increase.

My emails-sent-to-LOs-signed ratio sucks too. 1 out of 100 would be a very good day. In my case emails are much less effective, but only for LOs. For pure options emailing is fantastic with ratios around 1 in 5 or better.

My emails-sent-to-LOs-signed ratio sucks too. 1 out of 100 would be a very good day. In my case emails are much less effective, but only for LOs. For pure options emailing is fantastic with ratios around 1 in 5 or better.

Are your pure options cheap wholesale deals? Or are you optioning pretty houses?

Are your pure options cheap wholesale deals? Or are you optioning pretty houses?
They're mostly pretty. They're really hard to sell, but then again it's harder to sell houses you don't have.

MC, are your current deals local or long distance?
Two are local, and one is in, hehe, NC. Sorry, bro, but I'm cracking the monopoly you have up yonder in Mayberry. :wacko: The owners are down here by me, which is how the deal came about.

MC heading to Mayberry....yikes. Lookout Aunt Bee
One of my favorite shows back in the day. Between Aunt Bea and June Cleaver, American housewives had some fine role models back then.

Somehow we morphed into Roseanne Barr as mom and its been downhill ever since. :P

You know what's weird? The people in movies were in color in the 50s, but the people on TV didn't come into color until the 60s. You'd think that it would have been all over the news of the time that movie stars had discovered color. I think it's a conspiracy. The history books must have had those stories edited out!