The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Dustin

Lead Generation and "Your Cell Phone"

Most of us today have different methods for finding leads. If your like me and work fulll time... you need to do things fast! I am a field tech so I am always driving through residential areas in a company truck. It sucks that I put in a ton of hours at work but I run across leads everyday. Its a hassle to write things down and to later lose your paperwork that has the leads amongst my work documentation, lol. Here is what I do now:

My cell phone has video capture, Digital Camera, and even voice notes... which means I can talk into a recorder. When I find a lead I record my voice. I say the entire street address of the property and the date with any other pertinent info in about 5 seconds or less.

If I have a bit of extra time Ill record the info with video capture....Ill get the same data with moving image.

If I have a bit less time... Ill take pictures of the same data.

Best case, I get video, pictures, and voice notes per lead I run across in the field.

In the end, I have a data base on my cell phone that I can down load onto my PC for records. I can only lose this info if I lose my cell phone so I download daily.

This is one way to put your cell phone to use if your out pounding the pavement thrugh out your city... just driving around. This is faster than writing and you never lose that "paperwork" with the information you need later that evening. :D

Am I the only one without a cell phone that takes pics? :D

The world is passing me by, I guess. Oh well, not to worry. It's Friday, so I'm going to crank my 8 track player and rock to some Frankie Avalon. . .

No, MC, my best friend still uses a garage door opener for a cell phone. I do, however, always make fun of him :D . A good cell works well for me is all. I did notice though in your manual that you mention a recorder last night when I was reading... and I thought I was on the cutting edge, tisk !

No, MC, my best friend still uses a garage door opener for a cell phone. I do, however, always make fun of him :wacko: . A good cell works well for me is all. I did notice though in your manual that you mention a recorder last night when I was reading... and I thought I was on the cutting edge, tisk !

You wanna talk about being old school. I've got pre paid phone with no pics and paying 15 cents a minute. Plus I drive a 1996 black honda accord with grey bald spots all over roof, I cringe every time I meet with a home owner. Pretty embarassing. :D

I have a "95" nisan Quest I am proud to drive......insurance is low....its been paid off for years a decade or so........

Well, I suppose that if you pull up in a porshe then it would intimidate the sellers. Its better to be intimidated and just tell them its your work vehicles if they ask, in fact, most people probably assume that anyway =). I know that our investor ego should never be the reason for losing a deal.

Well, I suppose that if you pull up in a porshe then it would intimidate the sellers. Its better to be intimidated and just tell them its your work vehicles if they ask, in fact, most people probably assume that anyway =). I know that our investor ego should never be the reason for losing a deal.

Most old timey or hard core investors I know drive old beaters (or reasonable cars/trucks).

I agree Tony, I also see SUVs from investors I work with and large 4X4s as well with their business ads plastered all over their vehicles,lol.. These guys usually do the buy and hold and work with banks though. I hate banks, lol.

Speaking of banks, I have this phrase I have used for a long time, concerning their rules... and just about anything in life. Those who make the rules have a strong tendency to "win" and come out ahead. If you play by others' rules then you are bound to lose... so you make your own rules (not illegal I hope) that you may succeed. Banks have too many rules.... we make our own rules (via contract) when we use lease purchasing.

Anyway, I digress.