The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
vballdarin

Time to comment on Newbie's Craigslist ad......

Here is my ad placed in the Craigslist "Real Estate Wanted" section....................

My partners and I own a local real estate consulting company called HHI Investing. We specialize in lease purchasing. The situation we are facing is that we have many more tenant/buyers than we have properties to offer them. So, we are looking for additional nice properties in good areas.

WE ARE NOT WANTING TO LIST YOUR HOUSE....WE ARE WANTING TO BUY IT.

If you would leave the existing financing in place, we could cover the payments & take care of the maintenance, until we can get someone who can buy the property at a future date.

We like to create win~win situations. Don't hesitate to contact us.

HHI Investing

Darin - LSCREA

xxx-xxxx

........................And here is my ad in the Craigslist "Apartments/Housing for Rent" section......................

Title: "Unique opportunities to Rent-to-Own"

Are you tired of renting? Don't have 10-20% for a downpayment?

We can help you find a great home or condo that you can rent to own with possible rent credits in a nice area! Low down payments, build up rent credits then purchase at the end of the lease term! And you don't have to sign with a Realtor!

Our team will even help guide you on your quest to fix your credit. Everyone has had bumps in the road of life, don't let yours keep you stuck in the rent cycle.

We are actively acquiring properties that need people to move in.

We come across opportunities all the time, email/call us and describe what you are looking for and where you are looking and we'll try to match you up to one of the available opportunities.

Call us for a free, no obligation consultation.

HHI Investing

Darin - LSCREA

xxx-xxxx

I'm focusing on SLO's.

What do (ya'll) think? All comments welcome, positive or negative.

Thanks in advance,

Darin

Its descriptive and seems like it would get the phone ringing. I especially like the last part where it mentions no obligation consulting. It really changes the mindset.

I only hope its not too descriptive. Time will tell.

You already have t/b's so, I would change my FRBO add to

****Lanlords**** or ~~~~FRBO's~~~~~

and offer your service, then when you need t/b's advertise for them. Some of these landlords may look at other adds to see if they are in the ball park for rents.

Darin, I like both your ads, particularly the first one. Keep in mind the best determination of your marketing is the response. Track your marketing, what's working and what isn't. Tweak when necessary. Start over if need be. Marketing is an ever changing process.

Darin -

Great ads! How are they working for you? I have tried an ad placed in the rentals section and was FLAGGED AND DELETED within 24 hours! Has anyone else had that problem? I thought maybe it was because I offered an opportunity to rent to own rather than rent, but now I'm not so sure. My first line read STOP RENTING AND START OWNING! I thought that might have been the killer. Would anyone care to share an ad that HASN'T been flagged? :)

regards,

Bill

Hello, Bill, and welcome to The Naked Investor!

Craig's List is a mystery at times. Ads that you would think are perfectly fine get flagged, while something very similar goes unnoticed. If it was flagged it was either because a moderator saw it and, in his/her opinion, felt it violated their policy. Or, a reader saw your ad and hit the flag button. In your case, I suspect since your ad was in the For Rent section, and your first line said what it did, well, that got someone over there fired up.

Not to worry. Tweak it and try again.

Hey Hilton... I hope you don't mind but I sort of Copied and pasted your ad in my local area to also test it and see if would bring some results. I had to edit it a little bit because I dont have my LLC yet. If you are not ok with this then let me know and I will delete it. I just don't have much time to set down and write one right now.... but I can later if you don't want me to use yours in my home town.

Let me know... and your ad is good in my eyes. (hence the copy , paste). Later I will make one with graphics using photo shop like BEV does :) !

P.S. I have already had a reply within 4 hrs of the copy and paste from a potential T/B.