The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
sell4freedom

Potential Deal?

Can someone tell me if the following is a potential deal?

Seller is very motivated. 2bed/ 1 bath. House is brand new built last year. Comps are around $85,900. Seller said she'll take what she owes which is $79,000. Her payments are $575/month - 30year 6.75% conventional. Area is pretty stable and has not depreciated. We're expecting a big population increase in the next 2 years due to a another big company moving in. I asked the seller if she would be interested in a CA and explained the benefits but she wasn't open to the idea.

Can I do anything with this?

Thanks,

Patrick

If she isn't open to a CA, can I assume she is opposed to anything other than an outright sale? If so, you can buy it conventionally and hold on long term as a rental. Assuming it cash flows from day one, if the anticipated appreciation kicks in because of the new employer coming into town, you have a desirable commodity in your portfolio.

What about a SLO and you take over all responsability for maint. or sub2 alot of bank right now just don't care.

Can someone tell me if the following is a potential deal?

Seller is very motivated. 2bed/ 1 bath. House is brand new built last year. Comps are around $85,900. Seller said she'll take what she owes which is $79,000. Her payments are $575/month - 30year 6.75% conventional. Area is pretty stable and has not depreciated. We're expecting a big population increase in the next 2 years due to a another big company moving in. I asked the seller if she would be interested in a CA and explained the benefits but she wasn't open to the idea.

Can I do anything with this?

Thanks,

Patrick

If it can cash flow for more than $575/month then take it Sub2. Be sure to figure in vacancy rates, repairs, and insurance (keep the owner's existing insurance in place as well) on top of the $575/month cost to determine if you will cash flow.

What ever you decide send her a Short Offer on what you can do, and leave the door open. You may get a call down the road as the motivation increases.

Take it sub2 and don't make the payments for 6 months. Then approach the seller telling them that now you can build some equity with a possible short sale.

J/K

:D Silly Me!! I had to read this TWICE before I caught the j/k (just kidding)....I thought it was your initials!! That will teach me to stay out all night ;)

regards,

Bill

Take it sub2 and don't make the payments for 6 months. Then approach the seller telling them that now you can build some equity with a possible short sale.

J/K

Hmmm. . .I wonder if there is the makings of a new home study course here. . . :D