The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
serrow

My manual came today!!!

Hi folks, I got my packet today. So far I am only through the first pages dealing the in the general issues, I am interested in delving into the more advanced topics. I put my feelers out there to a lot of folks throughout these message boards and did not have any negative comments, and a few of them had said it was key in helping with the deals they've made.

I hope to keep you all up to date with my progress. I am a direct mailer and fundraiser by trade so I hope to use some of my expertise in this area to help me market my local area.

will keep you all informed.

Hi, serrow. I'm confident that between the manual, the support and information you'll find here, and you're background in marketing, that you'll do quite well for yourself if you don't make what I believe are the two biggest mistakes that many make:

1) don't overthink the process. This really isn't a difficult concept to grasp and use. Like any new venture it requires a learning curve. But for the most part, if you can explain the advantages of a well structed lease purchase deal, you can get the homeowner to agree to it.

2) this is not get-rich-quick. Too many people are caught up in the mindset of instant gratification. Too many late night informercials, I suppose. Truth is, like any business, you lay down your foundation and you build upon it steadily. Get good, then get big.

Best wishes!

1) don't overthink the process. This really isn't a difficult concept to grasp and use. Like any new venture it requires a learning curve. But for the most part, if you can explain the advantages of a well structed lease purchase deal, you can get the homeowner to agree to it.

SO TRUE.... I have been overthinking it for the past year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS! The manual was a quick read but the forms are where I am really spending most of my time. I'm working to build me a mental FAQ so i am sure i will send a lot of questions to the list.

THANKS! The manual was a quick read but the forms are where I am really spending most of my time. I'm working to build me a mental FAQ so i am sure i will send a lot of questions to the list.
Not a problem. That's what we're here for. Besides, the next time I find myself in Hawaii, I'm sure you'll hook me up. . . :blush:

2) this is not get-rich-quick. Too many people are caught up in the mindset of instant gratification. Too many late night informercials, I suppose. Truth is, like any business, you lay down your foundation and you build upon it steadily. Get good, then get big.

Would you say it's "pay your bills" quick?

Would you say it's "pay your bills" quick?

Hehe. Sure. Paying your bills and getting rich quick are two very different things. Don't you agree? So if you need $3K or $5K to cover some bills, it isn't unrealistic to think you can't get a deal done and put that kind of money in your pocket as a result.