The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

A Bottle of Scotch and a Hundred Dollar Tip

So I filled a property with a tenant last week for an out of state homeowner. He was advertising on Craig's List and I hit him up with an email. His house had been vacant for several months already and he was open to selling, renting, or a lease purchase. He just wanted a body in the house and some cash coming in. Motivated, to say the least.

He's in another state, the house is an hour away from me. What to do? His neighbor had the keys and was willing to show the house whenever I sent anyone by. All of my marketing was free on the various online websites we talk about.

No one here is buying these days, so I knew that was out. Rent To Own? A few lukewarm inquiries, but nothing serious. Many emails and calls about renting, though.

Cut to the chase: I found him a tenant that he is thrilled with. He is so happy with the results that he not only gave me my fee, (one half of one month's rent), but he also tacked on a $100 tip and a bottle of 17 year old Macallan scotch! I have a new best friend!

See ya on the other side. . .Mrs. C. is out of town and there is an unopened bottle of scotch with my name on it :wacko:

Congrats amigo!

I reckon that tops my pat on the back and glass of sweet tea I once

racked up on a deal. :wacko:

Ah well...guess that means I'll have to get to work....

I knew talk of free flowing booze and hundred dollar bills would bring out Jason. :wacko:

I suspect you're going to need some moonshine tonight what with the Crimson Tide goin' up against the Bulldawgs in a bit. Good luck, bro!

I knew talk of free flowing booze and hundred dollar bills would bring out Jason.

No need to coax a feller into posting.

I still visit on a daily basis. B)

I suspect you're going to need some moonshine tonight what with the Crimson Tide goin' up against the Bulldawgs in a bit. Good luck, bro!

Turns out, I broke out the moonshine to celebrate........2 quarters in..... :wacko:

However, the 2nd half began to kill the buzz.

Turns out, I broke out the moonshine to celebrate........2 quarters in..... :wacko:

However, the 2nd half began to kill the buzz.

Bro, a win's a win. Three weeks from now no one will remember the details, just the W in the column. Impressive win against a strong Georgia rival.

While on the subject, my Giants are off to a nice start, topped off by the Cowboys losing today. And now we're hearing rumblings from Terrell Owens about being unhappy. Yes, things are shaping up nicely. . . B)