The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
vballdarin

How do you break the news to your seller leads that they are out of to

I'm FINALLY getting some people calling me for CA's and L/O's. However they, like many of the stories already told on the forum, are out of touch with reality thanks in part to my fellow brotheren Realtors. <_<

How do ya'll give them (the sellers) a dose of reality while not speaking like you're drawing and quartering them (having them never calling you again)?

(ie...having a hard time finding a happy medium between being a hard-a$$/cold pitcher of water and giving them the warm-and-fuzzies)

I know that when you put the numbers together, they will either work...or they don't work, but, maybe i'm building TOO MUCH repore with them (unmotivated sellers). :unsure:

Thanks

I'd Just move on to the next deal. there are many others who arent in that situation. Give em a month or so they'll call you back asking for help. Dont get caught up on one deal there are thousands of others wating for help.

What D said. I sent out about 10 emails the other day to FSBOs, 4 of them have come back with a YES to the lease question. One of them said: "Hi Doug, I got another one of your emails about a month ago and back then I was only interested in selling. But if you're still interested please call as I'm open to anything now." So sometimes time does change things.

What I'm finding right now is that the rent to own market has all but dried up. Buyers are running scared not willing to commit. So I'm looking for straight lease opportunities.

Darin, I run into these starry eyed sellers all the time. We all do. I explain what I can do and why it's advantageous for them. If they are still interested I ask for their terms, then I do my homework. When the numbers are far apart, I'll contact them and in my best "Aw, shucks, it must be my stupidity" persona, I ask if they have an appraisal they can fax me, or a market analysis. Usually, they don't. Which leads me to ask where the numbers came from. Inevitably, they were pulled out of the air. By taking this approach I haven't confronted them or challenged them. To do so would only kill the deal. But now they are in a position where they have to justify their terms. Of course, they can't. But we can because we ran the numbers and have the sales data to support our terms. This should bring 'em around. If it doesn't, let them fight the market on their own. In a month or two you'll receive an email or a phone call, asking for your help.

What D said. I sent out about 10 emails the other day to FSBOs, 4 of them have come back with a YES to the lease question.

Hi Doug,

Would you care to share what your letter says? I see you say that they "come back with a YES to the lease question" so I assume you tell them in your initial letter that you want to do a lease purchase. Correct? My letter says the same, but my recent emails to FSBOs have been getting less than steller results <_<

regards,

Bill

Bill, it's hit or miss you just have to keep doing it if you want leads. A couple of days ago I sent another 20 and haven't had any reply from those. Meanwhile I just got an email from a guy I talked to 2 months ago, he's just bought an investment property and wants me to help him find a T/B.