The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
hassansr

Have you attended any good real estate seminars lately?

I'm setting my education goals for next year and am looking to add some new speakers to my mix. Is there anyone new out there that any of you would reccommend?

Haven't been to one in a LONG time, circa 2002 was my last.

I do hear that some feller by the name of Michael Carbonare puts on a good gig.

Supply him with his favorite alcoholic beverage of choice and a 1998 Brittany Spears poster and you're set!

Supply him with his favorite alcoholic beverage of choice and a 1998 Brittany Spears poster and you're set!

:glare: Wasn't Brittany about 15 back then? These days I think Betty White is more my speed. :rolleyes:

:P Wasn't Brittany about 15 back then? These days I think Betty White is more my speed. :rolleyes:

True, but back in 1998 she wasn't quite as crazy and

was yet to pop out 2 rug-rats. :glare:

But back to the subject...

I've heard and also experienced, the smaller and less-promoted

seminars and get-togethers are usually better than the

branded, over-hyped ones.

Who do you know (besides alan cowgill and john ulmer) that has a good private lending programs that are updated for today's market?

Who do you know (besides alan cowgill and john ulmer) that has a good private lending programs that are updated for today's market?

H Omar,

I will be launching a new website on the 15th that will have free private lending tutorials. www.thefrustratedinvestor.com I am a private lender and IRA investor with lots of information that has been put into these tutorials on these subjects.

MC has influenced several of these tutorials as well with lease options and cooperative assignments.

Sign up on the form and you'll get email confirmation when the site is up and running.

Regards,

Adam

H Omar,

I will be launching a new website on the 15th that will have free private lending tutorials. www.thefrustratedinvestor.com I am a private lender and IRA investor with lots of information that has been put into these tutorials on these subjects.

MC has influenced several of these tutorials as well with lease options and cooperative assignments.

Sign up on the form and you'll get email confirmation when the site is up and running.

Regards,

Adam

I've been using private lenders for a couple of years. What new info will you be providing?

I would say a good seminar was Marketing Mastery Bootcamp with Richard Roop and Dan Doran. They have about 3 per year.

Private money?

Keep it legal and simple.

Make your plan.

Dont get fancy with terms and programs.

Remember this RULE. THE PROPERTY YOU BUY MUST PAY FOR THE MONEY YOU BORROW.

Don't advertise things like SAFE, SECURED, INSURED, GUARANTEED, IRS APPROVED....etc...Ask John Ulmer and Alan Cowgill that one.

If you are doing web advertising make sure your disclaimers are in check. Know the rules for your state about borrowing money.

If you do get a chance I have a good friend that does a couple events per year named Matt Scott. Just google his name. He is really up on the rules of private money and private money partnering.

Just my opinion and I don't have anything to sell except a few Greeting Cards! :rolleyes:

I've been using private lenders for a couple of years. What new info will you be providing?

Most of the info I give on the site is for private lenders themselves. Specifically for IRA and cash investors who want to purchase property themselves instead of just lending their money.

As for you as a borrower, JR is right, there are a ton of variables that must be looked at for the property and our current economical climate. I continually found myself foreclosing and taking properties back and finally decided to purchase them with the intent to hold from day one. It's a lot easier to make a loan when you simply count on keeping the property anyway.

The best way in my mind for you as a borrower, is to borrow money via IRA investors but do it without dept service. Once you're compliant with the SEC, you're good to go. Most states allow you to work with family and friends up to a certain number of people. After that, you're looking at self regulation through instruments such as a 506 Reg D etc. You can call the SEC to get more information and they will be glad to give it to you.

I will be doing several webinars, seminars and teleseminars for Equity Trust, Entrust and other custodians/vendors that you may want to look into. They are free and there's nothing to purchase. In other words, if you know what the IRA investors are looking for, you may be able to give it to them.

I hope this helps.

Adam

Most of the info I give on the site is for private lenders themselves. Specifically for IRA and cash investors who want to purchase property themselves instead of just lending their money.

As for you as a borrower, JR is right, there are a ton of variables that must be looked at for the property and our current economical climate. I continually found myself foreclosing and taking properties back and finally decided to purchase them with the intent to hold from day one. It's a lot easier to make a loan when you simply count on keeping the property anyway.

The best way in my mind for you as a borrower, is to borrow money via IRA investors but do it without dept service. Once you're compliant with the SEC, you're good to go. Most states allow you to work with family and friends up to a certain number of people. After that, you're looking at self regulation through instruments such as a 506 Reg D etc. You can call the SEC to get more information and they will be glad to give it to you.

I will be doing several webinars, seminars and teleseminars for Equity Trust, Entrust and other custodians/vendors that you may want to look into. They are free and there's nothing to purchase. In other words, if you know what the IRA investors are looking for, you may be able to give it to them.

I hope this helps.

Adam

BTW, Equity Trust has fees that are ridiculously high. I placed some funds with them last year that I never got around to using. At the end of the year their fees had chewed up quite a bit of it. Any of you guys know of a better place to place SD IRA dollars that doesn't have excessive fees?

BTW, Equity Trust has fees that are ridiculously high. I placed some funds with them last year that I never got around to using. At the end of the year their fees had chewed up quite a bit of it. Any of you guys know of a better place to place SD IRA dollars that doesn't have excessive fees?

Give my friend Carl Fischer a call at www.entrustcama.com and see what they can do for you. Here's their number:

Phone: 215 292 7255

Ask for Kristen Scott and tell her I sent you. Hopefully they can give you better rates then ETC. Keep in mind that this is how most of them make their profits so there may be few differences between them except for service. Most of our partners who do deals with us and use ETC usually don't have issues because of the amounts we use per transaction ($40K or more). But I agree with you if you're using less or paying the yearly fee without making an investment.

Hopefully that helps you,

Adam

if you are using a self directed IRA you need to have a list of investors that buy properties. that list is where you will make some serious returns or take the property back. there are a lot of ways you can put the money to use that will pay excessive fees and a profit. don't use the list i mentioned as your only target, however, there are plenty of more people that would put the money to good use.

Private money is everywhere. Don't limit yourself to SDIRA. I have been getting calls from past lenders asking me to help with there money. Bad part is that I don't have decent deals to line them up with locally. But private money is cheap right now. I am getting 7-8% money. Which is good for the private money person. I am going to make a run for 6%. If I can I am going to refi my stuff. Just a rate and term.

I have a Education fund set up at Equity Trust. I must say the fees are what they are. I have a balance of 2500.00 currently. I has 4 options currently it is holding. If they POP my son can go to MIT if he wants to. Of course when he figures out what I am doing he is going to say....I will just hire the egg head and do what Dad is doing.

But when his does get up there he will be loaning it out also.

I loan mine out every now and then. But it is also sitting on options.

I really liked what you had to say as far as suggestion in the money-usage category. Do you have access to, or at least know of money lenders in the NYC area. Mostly in the CRE (Commercial Real Estate) neighborhood. If so, then drop a line to CashflowConceptsRealty@yahoo.com. Thanks for reading this post.

Private money is everywhere. Don't limit yourself to SDIRA. I have been getting calls from past lenders asking me to help with there money. Bad part is that I don't have decent deals to line them up with locally. But private money is cheap right now. I am getting 7-8% money. Which is good for the private money person. I am going to make a run for 6%. If I can I am going to refi my stuff. Just a rate and term.

I have a Education fund set up at Equity Trust. I must say the fees are what they are. I have a balance of 2500.00 currently. I has 4 options currently it is holding. If they POP my son can go to MIT if he wants to. Of course when he figures out what I am doing he is going to say....I will just hire the egg head and do what Dad is doing.

But when his does get up there he will be loaning it out also.

I loan mine out every now and then. But it is also sitting on options.