The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jason (AL)

Something I've been using/doing...

I'm not sure if any of you use FireFox as your web browser.

If not, I highly recommend it.

For those that do, I'll go to my favorite online classified ad site(s) and

press F3 on my good ol' laptop.

Doing so, at least on my FireFox set up, will pull up a function at

the bottom of my screen.

I can now search and highlight any certain words I'm looking for

on that particular page.

So, if browsing the real estate section in Craigslist for example, I will enter the word

"owner" and now all of the listings that are by owner will now be

easier to notice, as any and every "owner" word will now be highlighted on my screen.

You can also take it a step extra by looking for words such as "motivated", "rent to own", "must sell",

etc. (any and every one of the words and phrases that indicate a motivated seller).

If there happens not to be anything with these words, the function will let you know immediately.

You see what it actually looks like below.

Notice all of the "owner" words highlighted and look at

the function at the bottom of the screen which allowed me to do so.

Hope this helps.

post-329-1235706472.jpg

Nice feature. Too bad I'm not a Firefox guy. I've been with IE since the beginning of my foray into the high tech world. Maybe it's time to break out of my comfort zone and try a new browser? :rolleyes:

I've been using Firefox for about 3 or 4 years now, and there's no way I could

go back. There's just way too many cool and useful features that you can download

for free.

They came up with tabbed browsing before IE. I also like being able

to change my "skin". As you can see, I have a pretty slick one called, "Pitch Dark".

You should check it out.

Nice feature. Too bad I'm not a Firefox guy. I've been with IE since the beginning of my foray into the high tech world. Maybe it's time to break out of my comfort zone and try a new browser? :rolleyes:

You can hold down ctrl-f

This will pull up the find feature in almost all Microsoft products. BTW I prefer Firefox over IE

Chuck