The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
frmtgrl

Hi All! Glad to see you all still here!

Hi,

It's been a long time since I have checked in on the board and lo an behold you're all still here! :P

Okay, so to explain my absence over the last few years....it all started when I had twin boys! :):blink: There went what little time I had to do my creative real estate on the side! Now they are 2 years old and I am finding just an inkling of free time here and there. On top of that the ole' man has been out of work since January and my company has decided to cut back on all of our pay by 5% for now....maybe 10% in the next couple of months.

So I need to get it in gear and break out Michael's manual for a quick refresher course. I have only done one Co-op LO in the past and that worked out quite nicely with a $10K check for me! B) Now the market is so different and I'm hoping easier. Any tips for the type of market we're in now? Any new things for me to know? I live in CA, in the SF Bay Area. We've seen quite a drop in our home values and foreclosures and short sales are everywhere.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Lisa

Hello, Lisa, and welcome back! Congrats on the twins. . .this isn't going to be one of those Octomom deals, is it?? :blink:

Yes, in two years the real estate market has changed dramatically, particularly in your area. What I see is a very receptive audience of homeowners who are looking for help and solutions. Used to be the harder part of this biz was getting the homeowner to say, "Let's go". Not so anymore. Now you'll find more deals than you care to have if you just start making contact with these folks. The problem you'll find is that many of these willing owners are so upside down that there isn't any way you can assist them via a lease purchase.

Overall, though, it's a good time to be doing what we do, Lisa. Start speaking with some of these folks and let's see what happens.