The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Ikeda

Don't do it this way ...

Ok, the results are in after one week. I did a little experiment with emails.

I used my personal email and then a specially created email to use with my l/o plans.

The homesolutions4u@ymail.com generated only one response. My personal email generated 6 responses.

I also used an l/o script and also my own script and found that both work just as well as the other. The l/o script goes something like this:

I saw your house on zillow.com and was wondering if you'd be interested in selling on a lease option purchase?

My other generic email went like this:

I'm interested in buying your house but have a few questions:

1. Why are you selling?

2. How soon do you want the house to be sold?

3. What are your plans if it doesn't sell by your deadline?

4. Have you had many offers/interest?

Thanks. ... blah, blah..

My generic generates a lot of replies but only one person out of six has responded to my follow up email in which I bring up the l/o idea.

Just thought I'd share what I'm doing. Hopefully you can learn from my mistakes and please share ideas.

Have a great weekend.

Andrew

Hey Andrew

I've had similar results with my emails. At first I sent out standard, business-like emails and got nothing in response. That's probably because people are wary of the real estate industry right now. When I changed and just started emailing as a potential tenant or buyer, my response rate jumped.

The second email seems to be the dealbreaker for me as well. Again, if I come across as too business-like I'm getting ignored. I've modified my system so that my "Advantage" email is actually my third or fourth one. This way I build a little more raport with the seller. Either way, responses have been few and far between lately. I hope everyone else is doing better.

I didn't have any luck with the 2 email setup, that others have had success with.

My best results have come by:

1. sending email (to FRBOs) by asking:

"Hi, I saw your ad on ________ and was wondering if you would be interested in selling at the end of the

lease? Thanks, Jason"

2. If I got a favorable response (either them saying yes or asking what I had in mind), I would send a very short reply via email.

If not email, I would call them as soon as possible.

I just never had any luck by sending the Lease Purchase Advantage as my 2nd email. I guess it's too "salesy" for my area.

Not to mention, I can "sell" the idea by having a personal conversation over the phone vs. explaining my intentions in an email.

The phone, I'm an actual person. Email, I'm a stranger.

I know Michael and others go the 2 email route, and it works for them...just never has for me.

The secret is to test and find out what works best for you.

By the way, I did/do this with my company email.

I, too, toyed with either using a personal email or company email.

I found that if/when I used a personal email, they were getting the idea that I was asking with the

intentions of me living there myself.

With my company email, they kinda figured I was inquiring for business purposes.

Besides, I have my contact info, as well as my website address in my signature.

There's been a few times I've sent that initial email and never got a direct response.

However, I did receive an email notifying me that someone filled out a Seller Information form from my website.

I like to let them know as soon as possible in the process that I'm in this for profit, and not to live there

myself. This is why I use a business/company email.

Besides, if they're motivated enough, then the type of email address isn't going to be too much of an issue.

If it is, then there's no point in dealing with them.

It's good to test and determine the most effective and efficient way of doing things, but do it quick and don't let

it be a stumbling block and excuse for not doing anything productive.

Thanks Guys,

We seem to be having typical results with the email experiment. I'll keep you posted if something different comes up.

Hope everyone makes a profit soon!

Andrew

Sign in to follow this