The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
fanelli19

Help with CA deal

Is there a way to amend MC's documents to allow the seller to continue to market the property to find their own tenant buyers or tenants while I am working with them as well?

I have a deal in the works and the seller/landlord read thru my website. When I created the website I mentioned the fact that I would allow a flexible arrangement with the seller. After having some experience I would prefer not to do this. I guess be careful what you wish for and I am now learning why MC does not do flexible arrangements.

However, I would like to know how I can best make MC's documents flexible incase I decide to do business with this person.

Any ideas?

Thank you guys/gals!!

Maybe you could simply cross that specific clause out and add whatever

verbiage is necessary and is agreed upon by both parties?

That, or use a Non-Exclusive Option Agreement?

First, don't offer that choice to the homeowners as your standard operating procedure. They'll insist on it every time. Instead, that should be a last resort to secure the deal.

As for putting it in writing, simply add an addendum or put into the agreement something that both parties can agree to. Short and simple is always best. And be sure that if you do allow the homeowner to do their own thing, that there is some sort of compensation coming your way. No one should be working for free.

Yeah, this guy is an experienced rehabber/landlord. My website actually is targeted for sellers and not necessarily landlords. So what I can tell him is that I only allow sellers that flexible option and not really landlords. In the meantime, I will change my website. If he turns me down then I will just continue searching for a motivated person to work with.

Yeah, this guy is an experienced rehabber/landlord.
Then be wary. He may just be trying to use you for your paperwork or to check out your approach for some good ideas to steal.