The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
salsadunes

L.W/OPTION #26

Hey Guy's, Im wondering what this part is actually saying? Who is the preparer?

And for b can you give me an example of what would be put in here?

26. PREPARER’S DISCLAIMER: All of the undersigned parties agree not to hold the

preparer of this document liable for any errors, omissions, mistakes or negligence.

;) The closing costs shall be those incurred in conjunction with closing escrow and shall be paid at the close of escrow as follows: ___________________________.

Thanks

Who is the preparer?

Whoever wrote, edited, or consulted on the preparation of the document.

The closing costs shall be those incurred in conjunction with closing escrow and shall be paid at the close of escrow as follows: ___________________________.

Depends upon what the parties agree to. For example, you can write in "all closing costs will be paid by the buyer". Or, "all closing costs will be paid by the seller." Or something in between such as, "closing costs will be paid as is standard in the county of Glendale".

Now, im still not getting it. Since i wrote on it is it me? Or is it where i got the form from? I had it thrown at me is why im asking. How would you explain it?

Thanks Again

Now, im still not getting it. Since i wrote on it is it me? Or is it where i got the form from? I had it thrown at me is why im asking. How would you explain it?

Thanks Again

Probably depends upon who is coming after you. These days, if you get burned by a hot cup of coffee from McDonald's, you can sue the employee who served you, the owner of the particular franchise where the burn occurred, the cup manufacturer, and the coffee bean growers in Brazil. ;)

Like most things legal, the answer isn't cut and dry. In any event, the Preparer's Disclaimer is a CYA paragraph which doesn't hurt you in any way.