The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
GaryinNC

My financial information?

I just made a sandwich lease/option offer on a house via email, and it just occured to me: what if the seller wants my financial information and wants to check my credit? I don't want to be filling out applications and giving out my info! Any thoughts from anyone?

You may not have a choice, Gary. After all, you are committing to be a responsible tenant/buyer and the homeowner may want more than just your word. Coming off as an experienced professional might satisfy their needs and alleviate the requirement for a background check.

You may not have a choice, Gary. After all, you are committing to be a responsible tenant/buyer and the homeowner may want more than just your word. Coming off as an experienced professional might satisfy their needs and alleviate the requirement for a background check.

That is not exactly what I wanted to hear, Michael. :huh: How about using the tenant/buyer's credit and information. If I told the seller that my partner would provide that information, that might work. Problem is, right now, I don't know who my tenant/buyer is going to be.

. . .How about using the tenant/buyer's credit and information. If I told the seller that my partner would provide that information, that might work.

Sounds kind of shady, Gary. You're in this biz for the long haul, so your reputation is vital. In the meantime, has this homeowner, in fact, asked you for a completed rental app and other info? If you come off as that experienced pro who is running a business, you won't often be asked for these things, in my experience.