The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Mastamike6

Memorandum of Option

I was just wondering if when putting together a CA if you would record a memorandum of option for the T/B to protect their interest, or if you would simply skip this since you are assigning the deal and are out of it. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Hello, MastaMike, and welcome to The Naked Investor.

No need to record a memo if you're not going to be in the deal long term, be it a CA or any other type of assignment. There's nothing to protect if you no longer have a position in the deal.

As for doing it for the t/b, I would never go that route or offer that service. That puts you in the practicing law without a license arena, or the brokering real estate without a license BS that Agents like to accuse us of doing. It's a nice gesture that will probably end up biting you in the ass one day.

Yes I am, I'm from Pembroke. Good to see another investor that is lease purchasing in MA. I am new to lease purchasing, I just purchased the manual and have been reading as much as I can on the forums. I was wondering what difficulties you have run into with your business specific to operating in MA?

Mike

Pembroke huh? Nice, I'm up in Chelmsford.

Haven't run in to any problems with lease purchasing in Massachusetts, the Naked Investor manual clears everything up nice and you should be ready to get going even with just the manual and the forum :-) Let me know if I can help!

I'm just hoping two MA guys aren't Red Sox fans! B)

Says the kid from NY who grew up a Yankees fan. :wub:

Eh, I used to be in to baseball and sports, now I couldn't really care less. The way I see it, if the Yankees have an awesome team and can win all the time, great, good for them! I never really got why Red Sox fans hate the Yankees so much. Maybe that's why I have such little interest in sports, LOL.

Babe Ruth used to play for the Red Sox, but in 1918, he was sold to the NY Yankees, which started what has been called the "Curse of the Bambino". And, the rest as they say, is history.

Lynn (FL)

While we are on the topic of sports I just have to say...as a Philly/NJ Girl, that the EAGLES KICKED BUTT LAST NIGHT!!!!

While we are on the topic of sports I just have to say...as a Philly/NJ Girl, that the EAGLES KICKED BUTT LAST NIGHT!!!!

As a Giants fan, let's just say I am no Eagles lover, to put it mildly. Sunday night, baby. Giants vs Eagles!