The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
buykguy

Hello All

Hello everyone!! First let me say that I have truly enjoyed reading all the great posts, and now I am feeling a little intimidated. My wife and I are brand new at this , but we know with a little work, we can be successful. I purchased Micheal's manual, which John recommended. By the way I contacted John about his class and at some point I am going to take advantage of it, but for now the manual and all you great people will have to suffice.

I am looking forward to getting a quality education on the subject from people who are not here to sell stuff. I recently purchased two other books from someone who shall remain anonymous. The author recommended using her contracts, which were available on her site. Well I called and they wanted $495.00 for the system that included contracts. Hat's off to you Micheal for putting together quality info for an affordable price. :D

Can someone offer some reassurance to my wife? Is this doable or what? She is such a skeptic; rightfully so!! Anyway I don't want to continue babbling! Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for putting together a great forum!!

By the way we are going to try and sell our house using a lease option, and hopefully gain some valuable knowledge we can use. Of course, after we sell we hope to buy another one using the L/O as a buyer.

Cheers!!!

Mike

Hey!!!! Mr. Pensacola!!! Welcome to the board!! Glad you got MC's manual....I'm sure he'll send me my $3.50 referral fee soon.....

As far as your wife, the best thing to do is take her on a drive to the East to the Old Destin Fish House, get her some Martini's and tell her you're a genius.

Since the first LO is going to be you're own, you'll see first hand how things flow on both sides.

Glad to see you here and let us know if you need help.

I think since the first deal is your own house, break it down to the very very basics:

Price, rent and rent credits.

Marketing.

Evaluating the application

Nothin to it man!!

Hello everyone!! First let me say that I have truly enjoyed reading all the great posts, and now I am feeling a little intimidated. My wife and I are brand new at this , but we know with a little work, we can be successful. I purchased Micheal's manual, which John recommended. By the way I contacted John about his class and at some point I am going to take advantage of it, but for now the manual and all you great people will have to suffice.

I am looking forward to getting a quality education on the subject from people who are not here to sell stuff. I recently purchased two other books from someone who shall remain anonymous. The author recommended using her contracts, which were available on her site. Well I called and they wanted $495.00 for the system that included contracts. Hat's off to you Micheal for putting together quality info for an affordable price. :D

Can someone offer some reassurance to my wife? Is this doable or what? She is such a skeptic; rightfully so!! Anyway I don't want to continue babbling! Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for putting together a great forum!!

By the way we are going to try and sell our house using a lease option, and hopefully gain some valuable knowledge we can use. Of course, after we sell we hope to buy another one using the L/O as a buyer.

Cheers!!!

Mike

Mike,

The board has great information. Just dig in and get to work. It is all about marketing. Fill the funnel. Bring questions or call.

Welcome aboard!

Between the Naked Investor manual and this forum you should have everything you'll need!

Welcome aboard, leatherman, er, BikeGuy. ;) Glad you joined us. Jackson referred you here? That's one demerit against you. :blink:

I am feeling a little intimidated
Congratulations! You're normal, Mike. Most new ventures cause some anxiety.

By the way I contacted John. . .
My condolences.

I am looking forward to getting a quality education on the subject from people who are not here to sell stuff. I recently purchased two other books from someone who shall remain anonymous. The author recommended using her contracts, which were available on her site. Well I called and they wanted $495.00 for the system that included contracts. Hat's off to you Micheal for putting together quality info for an affordable price.
Thanks for the kind words, Mike, but man, I'm missin' the boat here.

Effectively immediately, I am charging a membership fee, a per word fee, and all questions will require a retainer fee prior to my answering.

Seriously, that irks me to no end when I read stuff like that. I'm not surprised, but still it leaves me shaking my head. I spoke on the phone the other day with a new investor who purchased my manual. Prior to doing so he was being pressured by another "guru" who was pushing his $5,000 mentoring program. This "guru" has been in this biz for about a year, and has done about six deals to my knowledge. Hell, why not raise the price to $6K and charge $1K per deal?? :angry:

As you can see from above, your wife has every reason to be a skeptic. If there is money in your pocket, there is someone willing to empty it. As always, buyer beware. That said, it's important to have your wife in your corner. Keep her involved, let her see your progress, explain to her the safety net involved in these types of deals, and have her come here. Once she has a better understanding of what you are trying to do, she'll be on board. And when you close your first deal, and you will, she'll think you're the greatest thing since Dooney and Burke pocketbooks!

Great. All the help and info you need is here. Take advantage of it. :lol:

Hey BikeGuy,

Welcome aboard. I'm in Ft. Walton Beach, so maybe we can get togeather sometime and swap war stories.

Don't tell Pilot, but Chet's in Pensacola has good seafood, and most tourists don't know about it.

Lynn (FL)