The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
salsadunes

Amicable Divorce

Well been working like crazy to get sellers. Have this one now where they are getting a divorce. Both on title etc. He is on board as they have paid the mortgagae for three months on a vacant house and now and wants it off his plate. She is scepticle about the lease option. Shes getting opinions from friends. (Who dont know) Met with them both as they are still living together, and all seems ok.

So the question is do i try and play ball with them when the team is splitting up? If so, what are the cover my @$$ things to do?

If not, how should i proceed with them?

Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it. I guess......

If you want to play referee and sit down between them to talk, that might be a good first step. If both aren't on the same page, no need to go any further.

But if they both want to go along with you, just confirm that both are on title and have both sign the paperwork. Divorces are always sticky situations, so tread carefully and expend too much energy without confirmation they are both in agreement on this.