The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MattF

Trulia?

Hey Gang,

Was doing some research yesterday and stumbled on trulia.com. Looks like for my area quite a few listings(seems to be another listing site for properties on the mls ). Seems to have a lot of the info we typically look for...days listed(on trulia), price changes, history(sold dates from the courthouse), square footage, listed houses in area as well as sold houses in area. I was looking for information on possible farm areas(which seemed pretty good). Then when neighborhoods look like they are in my sweet spot, I can go and drive them.

So anyways, was just wondering what experience or input anyone could give me.

Thank you,

Matt

I like Trulia. Lots of good info for properties in my area. But like any of these similar sites, you need to comb through their data with a careful eye. Not all the data is going to be correct. But for the price, $0, you can't go wrong.

Trulia is useful, but it's just one tool, and you need to be careful to be too dependent on it. I recommend also checking out Yahoo Real Estate and Zillow, as web resources to look at comparable real estate listings, if your state land records are online then they're a great resource for looking at sales history, acreage, square footage, etc, and of course there's no substitute for the advice of a living, breathing, experienced real estate agent (although spend the time to find one that's actually good).

Best of luck!